Mets Reportedly Acquire Lindor/Carrasco (Passan Reporting)

bmags

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Seem's to me that Cleveland is taking the Tampa Bay Rays approach. There is definitely room to take that approach and make it work. Someone has to be able to do it as good as TB.

If they are astute judges of talent. That eliminates at least 60% of MLB front offices.

43 minutes ago, bmags said:

The thing is if you are a mets fan you know that lindor is going to be there for a long time.

Yeah next step is to throw a pile of money in his lap. Basically like your White Sox/Betts idea except in this scenario, it's realistic.

Edited by manbearpuig

Seems Like the Indians are quitting.

A couple days ago I had the following idea, but fortunately for the sox it did not happen.

The Indians have lots of high upside young guys in the 40+ to 45 range who could move up.

If I was the Indians I would have packaged some of those with lindor for two mlb ready really good prospects.

Kinda like try to get lux, keibert ruiz and a mlb ready relief prospect and give up lindor, gabriel arias (soon 21 to A ball shortstop ranked 45 by longenhagen), logan allen (22yo SP prospect) and for example junior sanquentin (19 yo 40+ Fv shortstop).

That way they could have stayed competitive, shed payroll and the dodgers would have gotten a superstar, got rid of a blocked top catching prospect and got 3 high upside pieces to do their player dev magic on and maybe produce a new star.

Imo that really would have been a win win for both sides even though it is not a traditional way of doing it.

5 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

Seems Like the Indians are quitting.

A couple days ago I had the following idea, but fortunately for the sox it did not happen.

The Indians have lots of high upside young guys in the 40+ to 45 range who could move up.

If I was the Indians I would have packaged some of those with lindor for two mlb ready really good prospects.

Kinda like try to get lux, keibert ruiz and a mlb ready relief prospect and give up lindor, gabriel arias (soon 21 to A ball shortstop ranked 45 by longenhagen), logan allen (22yo SP prospect) and for example junior sanquentin (19 yo 40+ Fv shortstop).

That way they could have stayed competitive, shed payroll and the dodgers would have gotten a superstar, got rid of a blocked top catching prospect and got 3 high upside pieces to do their player dev magic on and maybe produce a new star.

Imo that really would have been a win win for both sides even though it is not a traditional way of doing it.

Indians aren't quitting.  This isn't the first time they have done this and doubtful it will be the last.  And they have been pretty successful doing it

One thing this does it really lowers the market for Bauer and Springer. This whole time its been " well lets see what the Mets get". I have to figure this is their big move. I wonder if this helps with the price range for Bauer, Springer and others. 

Could you still get a Springer for 4-$100? Who is going to be offering him money?

Edited by kwill

4 minutes ago, kwill said:

One thing this does it really lowers the market for Bauer and Springer. This whole time its been " well lets see what the Mets get". I have to figure this is their big move. I wonder if this helps with the price range for Bauer, Springer and others. 

Could you still get a Springer for 4-$100? Who is going to be offering him money?

Supposedly Toronto is already at 5 years for their offer.

6 minutes ago, kwill said:

it's not good for Bauer, that's for sure. Regardless of how serious Mets were for him, you don't want them off the table.

6 minutes ago, kwill said:

If there was ever a year for Bauer to accept a one year, high AAV deal...

12 minutes ago, kwill said:

Mets are still hard after Springer

58 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Mets are still hard after Springer

I have seen no indication that the Mets will go hog wild after free agents like everyone assumed they would. This is still a long waiting game to be played out. The only 2 teams rumored to be in on a lot of high priced talent are the Mets and Toronto and they can't get everyone and the Mets are filling needs already without splurging.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I have seen no indication that the Mets will go hog wild after free agents like everyone assumed they would. This is still a long waiting game to be played out. The only 2 teams rumored to be in on a lot of high priced talent are the Mets and Toronto and they can't get everyone and the Mets are filling needs already without splurging.

Yep seen a few “sources” on twitter saying Mets might be after JBJ

I'm not familar with the Indians stadium lease but I can't help but wonder if  the franchise is going to move somewhere else. The team hasn't drawn that well in recent years with winning teams.  i wouldn't be surprised if they wound up moving out of Cleveland.

2 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I'm not familar with the Indians stadium lease but I can't help but wonder if  the franchise is going to move somewhere else. The team hasn't drawn that well in recent years with winning teams.  i wouldn't be surprised if they wound up moving out of Cleveland.

Its quite a pleasant setting and a very nice stadium from the 90s generation. Well integrated into downtown, walkable, with transit and restaurant and parking and highway options right next to it, towards the south side of Downtown. They packed that place solid for years with the 1990s teams. It's right next door to Quicken Loans arena. There's a lot there that baseball wouldn't want to give up.

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep seen a few “sources” on twitter saying Mets might be after JBJ

Basically we have heard nothing from the traditional big spenders like the Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox all of whom may be dealing with Competitive Balance Tax issues. Not sure if the Red Sox fit that issue but we have also heard Houston is close to the CB tax issue also.

Dodgers supposedly interested in LeMahieu now or Bryant if Turner is out of the equation given his wants. Yankees still considered a favorite to keep Lemahieu but we just aren't getting a very clear picture right now on a helluva lot of talent and what exactly the majority of owners are up to. It's all very much wait and see right now with only the Padres and Mets doing anything noteworthy so far.

13 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

You should see if they are looking for a GM.  Obviously they need help. 

10 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Its quite a pleasant setting and a very nice stadium from the 90s generation. Well integrated into downtown, walkable, with transit and restaurant and parking and highway options right next to it, towards the south side of Downtown. They packed that place solid for years with the 1990s teams. It's right next door to Quicken Loans arena. There's a lot there that baseball wouldn't want to give up.

Agree, going to a series there for a weekend is quite an enjoyable experience and the people there were super friendly. Not just at the park, but hotels and restaurants. They are very excited to have your tourism dollars.

I made it to the Twins park in 2019 and really enjoyed it, and love Minneapolis - well worth a trip for anyone once it's a thing we can all do again.