Corey Kluber to Yanks per Passan

Orlando

35 minutes ago, ron883 said:

The biggest red flag with the Al's account is the "cheesy" part. Who the fuck puts cheese on an Italian beef? This isn't philadelphia. You eat it with giardiniera. 

The guy is a fraud. 

If you've never ordered a cheese fry and used some of the cheese on your beef, have you really lived?

• Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, ron883 said:

The biggest red flag with the Al's account is the "cheesy" part. Who the fuck puts cheese on an Italian beef? This isn't philadelphia. You eat it with giardiniera. 

The guy is a fraud. 

Man dude.  Born n raised south side.  I frickin love my beefs with both sweet n hot, grilled onions, mozzarella n soaking wet with extra juice to dump all over it 😂. Call me weird

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Man dude.  Born n raised south side.  I frickin love my beefs with both sweet n hot, grilled onions, mozzarella n soaking wet with extra juice to dump all over it 😂. Call me weird

over here trying to do the whole vegetarian thing and this mf

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

If you've never ordered a cheese fry and used some of the cheese on your beef, have you really lived?

10 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

3 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

over here trying to do the whole vegetarian thing and this mf

You all disgust me. Reported. I reported you twice, Joe.

Edited by ron883
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

My guess is Kluber ends up in Boston. They've been linked to him for a while, he lives out here, and Chaim Bloom has a bunch of money to spend. Kluber won't demand a long-term deal which gives a very weak Red Sox rotation a shot in the arm to get some vet leadership without over-committing. Good fit for both team and player.

I think the issue I have over the chicago mustard in-joke thing is it really should be clarified that we are talking about vienna beef dogs. If you are having some oscar mayer pork dog, toss schlock whatever you can find to not taste it.

A good dog is when I lived in brazil, the hot dog itself was gross but they put like potato salad and crunchy fried potatoes and a bunch of other weird stuff on it. It was good because potato salad is good and so is crunchy fried stuff.

Corey Kluber would be the prototypical White Sox move. Relatively low cost, high upside pitcher who would likely take an incentive laden deal. 

I have no idea about his health, but he was lights out from 2014-18, with more than 200 IP each year, 2 Cy Young awards, etc. 

In Chicago, he doesn't have to be a top-of-rotation guy, but if he regained his form, he could be. He's a good mentor for Chicago's young pitchers. 

Plus, the White Sox would seem to have what one might expect Kluber to want - the opportunity to win a World Series that so far has eluded him. 

I'd be all-in for whatever it would take to sign him.  

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

Obviously don't put ketchup on a Chicago style hot dog because, you know, you have tomatoes.

But if it's a plain hot dog, or just has onions, who cares?

I want a brotsworth dragged through the garden Chicago style. Is that criminal?

25 minutes ago, VAfan said:

Corey Kluber would be the prototypical White Sox move. Relatively low cost, high upside pitcher who would likely take an incentive laden deal. 

I have no idea about his health, but he was lights out from 2014-18, with more than 200 IP each year, 2 Cy Young awards, etc. 

In Chicago, he doesn't have to be a top-of-rotation guy, but if he regained his form, he could be. He's a good mentor for Chicago's young pitchers. 

Plus, the White Sox would seem to have what one might expect Kluber to want - the opportunity to win a World Series that so far has eluded him. 

I’m all about getting his brain in the dugout.  I think that would really help everybody.  

I’m less concerned than most, but I understand the hesitation with adding yet ANOTHER super high risk, super high reward guy to the rotation.  We already have that same exact thing with Lopez, Cease & Kopech.  

Is the combination of those 4 guys enough to handle the #4 & #5 slots in the rotation?

I don’t know the answer.  

37 minutes ago, VAfan said:

Quiet. This is now reserved for the much-more-interesting hot dog topping debate. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Obviously don't put ketchup on a Chicago style hot dog because, you know, you have tomatoes.

But if it's a plain hot dog, or just has onions, who cares?

I will always eat my dogs (or sausage for that matter) - with peppers, onions (if they got mushrooms even better) + spicy mustard and some ketchup.  Call me criminal - but its damn delicious. If I don't have all the fix-ins - than just a dog with onions, mustard (spicier the better) and ketchup.  But eating a dog without Ketchup - that is criminal - I can't even imagine it (unless of course it is a chili dog - than acceptable).  

• Like 1