Corey Kluber to Yanks per Passan

Orlando

16 hours ago, VAfan said:

I'm not a doctor, but I disagree. I think Kluber will be a stud for the Yankees, better than Tanaka. It gives them a second potential ace. It's possible Kluber has fallen off, but for 5 years running before then he was always a Cy Young contender, winning twice. Kluber at his best was better than any pitcher we have. He could have made the Sox staff the best in baseball. 

But it also looks like the Yanks had the inside track and New York keeps him closer to home. I think he's a bargain at $11M. 

I agree Yanks had an inside track but Kluber obviously didn't just show up for a showcase for 25 teams.  There were reports he looked good in his workouts before the showcase. 

11 hours ago, shago said:

JR probably not big on $11M YO bets

Agreed. And since he lives on east coast it probably would have cost more like 13 to sway him. For 8-9 he was a no brainier, anything over 12 just is a big risk. I know he looked great at showcase....but no one has ever had this injury before and pitched after, right? Lots of what ifs. I really think Sox want to give Kopech a chance. Kopech for half a season could be dynamic. And for fiscal responsibility you have to give Cease a full season under Katz. That allows Gio to get an extension and potentially Lynn as well.