Sox sign Hendriks: 3/$39M - 4th year optional with $15M buyout

EvilJester99

7 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

This isn't MLB the Show were you can just add points to attributes to make players better. Katz may help fix Cease and Reylo, but that is not a given, and we don't know how long that would take. We need another starter and can let the cards fall where they may. 

It sounds like Lopez will be transitioned to the pen, which could really add to he strength of it as the long reliever.

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

This is why I think Joe Musgrove is the most likely guy to be traded for. He only has 2 years of control left and anything more than that the Sox likely give up at least 2 pitchers and  possibly Crochet, Kopech and another pitcher like Heuer or some from the minors like Burdi, Johnson, Kelley , Dahlquist , Thompson or Stiever. The Sox will do their damnedest to not trade one of Kopech, Crochet or Vaughn but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

I’ve been quite pleased that we’ve gotten this far into the offseason without trading any of these three guys yet addressing the team’s needs.  I just think the ceilings are so high on all three that I don’t want to give up and/or sell low on them, not for just the likes of someone like Musgrove.  

Lord knows the fan base endured a lot of pain watching the dreadful baseball it took during the rebuild to eventually acquire these guys, so now I want to see them each flourish in a White Sox uni for years to come!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Sox starting rotation needs innings, badly.

Having ReyLo in the pen now provides us a good emergency arm in case of injuries, helps as a stop-gap to eat some of this innings. Opens up a permanent slot in the rotation that we know we need to fill (and will this off-season) instead of playing the "will he figure it out this year" game and depending on Lopez.

Once we fill that slot with whomever (Q, Kluber, Richards, etc), we have 5.5 starters on the active roster. I like that flexibility - gives him a chance to figure it out, but we aren't depending on him to do it. 

34 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Soxtalk reference. we made it fellas!

For anybody that didn't see it, Liam Hendriks said he read the entire soxtalk thread about him so that was pretty funny to hear.

Hahaha!  Liam, sorry if I spelled your name wrong at all!  Its just that I am a dufus (but I don't think  I did ).  Also you're a beast.  Thanks in advance for saving those World Series games with ease!  Fosters all around! 

Also sorry if I wasn't exuberant enough in wanting you here.  I was just protecting myself, I've had my heart broken before. 

Edited by turnin' two

• Tony unpinned this topic