Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
EvilJester99

Sox sign Hendriks: 3/$39M - 4th year optional with $15M buyout

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, fathom said:

Hendriks could not have been more likable in his press conference 

Definitely has that “love him when he’s on your team, hate em when he’s on the other team” vibe 

 

I love those kinds of guys , especially when they’re on our team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Piazza shouldn't have been catching then as he was universally hated by every pitcher who ever threw to him and he sure as heck wouldn't be catching today. 

Gary Sanchez  is pretty horrible behind the plate and the Yankees seem very reluctant to move on from him even when he hits. 128 makes me think many teams today would tolerate Piazza behind the plate for his HOF bat.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Madrigal Mystery Tour said:

Guys, rick Hahn just isn't good

 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Agreed. I had running arguements with many on this board as to whether KW and RH should get the chance to orchestrate this rebuild.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Gary Sanchez  is pretty horrible behind the plate and the Yankees seem very reluctant to move on from him even when he hits. 128 makes me think many teams today would tolerate Piazza behind the plate for his HOF bat.

Sanchez is another catcher who was benched during the playoffs when the games mattered.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Sanchez is another catcher who was benched during the playoffs when the games mattered.  

I think if your pitchers think you can call  a good game, especially with stealing bases taking such a small role in today's game, and you can frame, the other stuff doesn't matter so much. Carlton Fisk wasn't all that defensively,  took forever to put down the numbers,  but his pitchers loved throwing to him , so now he has a reputation as a top defense catcher.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Sanchez is another catcher who was benched during the playoffs when the games mattered.  

He also hit .147 with a .253 OBP last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I think if your pitchers think you can call  a good game, especially with stealing bases taking such a small role in today's game, and you can frame, the other stuff doesn't matter so much. Carlton Fisk wasn't all that defensively,  took forever to put down the numbers,  but his pitchers loved throwing to him , so now he has a reputation as a top defense catcher.

He was a big target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Complete quote: 

No. 4: “The downtime between hearing from teams and stuff gave me a lot of time to go down rabbit holes online about which way organizations were doing. I may or may not have read all 90something pages of the SoxTalk blog [editor’s note: it’s a forum] that was about me, ’cause it was interesting. I wanted to see the fans’ perspective, and they were largely positive. White Sox fans were by far the most positive in everything that has transpired that I’ve seen online. That was another big thing. You see the fan group, you see the fact at how positive they were, and that was a huge contribution to helping us narrow everything down.

 

You guys helped him to decide to sign with the Sox.

 

Good job to all you great posters.

:cheers

  • Like 5
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leonard Zelig said:

Is there anything Soxtalk and $54,000,000 can’t do?

Get a proper swear filter

  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

Is there anything Soxtalk and $54,000,000 can’t do?

World peace/peace in the Middle East, starvation/hunger.  

Find proper balance between Sabes and old school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, fathom said:

Get a proper swear filter

Oh fuck off Fathom...shit, you’re right. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2021 at 10:26 PM, Saufley said:

Do they still have 7 inning double headers?

Subject to Union approval. Perfect for Kopech and Cease. Our double header duo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still would like to sign Colome.  Not much difference between the 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fathom said:

Get a proper swear filter

Give Soxtalk $54 million, and I promise we would find a working swear filter.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, fathom said:

Hendriks could not have been more likable in his press conference 

The whole White Sox team is about as "likable" as it gets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Give Soxtalk $54 million, and I promise we would find a working swear filter.

Give Soxtalk $54 million and we would sign someone and call for his DFA in spring training.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2021 at 11:26 PM, Saufley said:

Do they still have 7 inning double headers?

Seven inning doubleheaders are one of the changes I hate.  Last year was different so I get a temporary change.  For regular doubleheaders in non shortened seasons...no way.  Constant changes to the game are not to be taken lightly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Seven inning doubleheaders are one of the changes I hate.  Last year was different so I get a temporary change.  For regular doubleheaders in non shortened seasons...no way.  Constant changes to the game are not to be taken lightly.

I do get it for this year as I guess there is still the possibility of a lot of double headers due to the virus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Give Soxtalk $54 million and we would sign someone and call for his DFA in spring training.

Let's be honest, it would be before that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, knightni said:

Complete quote: 

No. 4: “The downtime between hearing from teams and stuff gave me a lot of time to go down rabbit holes online about which way organizations were doing. I may or may not have read all 90something pages of the SoxTalk blog [editor’s note: it’s a forum] that was about me, ’cause it was interesting. I wanted to see the fans’ perspective, and they were largely positive. White Sox fans were by far the most positive in everything that has transpired that I’ve seen online. That was another big thing. You see the fan group, you see the fact at how positive they were, and that was a huge contribution to helping us narrow everything down.

 

You guys helped him to decide to sign with the Sox.

 

Good job to all you great posters.

:cheers

I'm surprised he thought it was positive!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Give Soxtalk $54 million and we would sign someone and call for his DFA in spring training.

I am gonna say this is wrong.

I actually think this boards hit rate on its fetishes are pretty good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, oldsox said:

I still would like to sign Colome.  Not much difference between the 2.

I don't agree with this. I think Colome would be much worse if he wasn't closing. I think getting the "save" forces him to focus and pitch much better. If he wasn't as focused, his stuff would become much more hittable. 

Sox don't need to spend more on their bullpen. They should put whatever money they have left to spend elsewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, longshot7 said:

I'm surprised he thought it was positive!!

He apparently never scrolled down to the threads claiming no respectable free agent would sign with the Sox because the manager is allegedly an alcoholic racist.  Or the thread where Sox fans were trying to financially destroy the team because they wanted Hinch instead of LaRussa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2021 at 3:49 PM, southsider2k5 said:

Give Soxtalk $54 million, and I promise we would find a working swear filter.

Since the swear filter is fucking broken, can we just turn it off completely? 

It makes no sense that b****ing and moaning is filtered and fuck and shit are not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×