Backup Catcher

Blackout Friday

2 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Agreed. Grandal is better historically against lefties over righties. 

He’s actually been better than against lefties than I thought the last 2 years. Early in his career it was the opposite, his career slash favors hitting righties slightly more.

34 minutes ago, Holes in my Sox said:

As a lifelong Cardinals fan, I love Molina.  That being said, I don't know that his ego will allow him to sign anywhere as a backup.  He still sees himself as the starter and recently said that if he doesn't get the contract he wants, he may retire.  I don't think that actually happens and I think he will ultimately come to terms with the Cardinals, but I suppose if he were to ever consider taking a role as a backup it would be for Tony.

I heard that Molina is either signing with the Cards or retiring. 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Isn’t he god awful defensively at this point?  If so, just give Collins a shot.

I don't think he was ever awful defensively.  Didn't see him play last year but he's the right age to be willing to catch on such a limited basis.  Collins playing in such a limited way is just not so good for development IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Baron said:

He hasn't played in the major leagues. 

I’m just speculating because any further additions are going to minor league deals. There is always a chance that someone that has played or is already playing in the majors will take a minor league deal. 

Edited by maloney.adam