Pitchers and Catchers Report

hi8is

5 minutes ago, Orlando said:

That really sucks

Yeah and there also appears to be some confusion if Jared Kelley was invited to ST or not. Al’s had tweeted that he was invited and there’s a report out there saying he was invited but it wasn’t announced by the Sox officially. A lot of confusion LOL. They haven’t even officially announced the Norge Vera signing yet either.

Edited by maloney.adam

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

There also appears to be some confusion if Jared Kelley was invited to ST or not. Al’s had tweeted that he was invited and there’s a report out there saying he was invited. A lot of confusion LOL. They haven’t even announced the Norge Vera signing yet either.

I can't see any way that Jared Kelley would be invited to big league spring training. That doesn't make much sense. 

2 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I can't see any way that Jared Kelley would be invited to big league spring training. That doesn't make much sense. 

The Sox seem to usually invite their top picks to camp years before they are ready to make them team.  Maybe this year is different for obvious reasons, but historically it isn't unusual for them to get an invte.

32 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Fegan says Kelley and Cespedes are reporting to Arizona for a minor league mini-camp but aren't part of ST roster 

Well that clears that up. I agree it didn’t make any sense. Maybe a little early for a ST invite. Thank you for clarifying! Any idea on when they will announce the Vera signing?

Edited by maloney.adam

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

So it appears they are done adding even minor league deals. I would stay pat than until the trade deadline. 

Then waste precious minor league resources to get talent that only would have cost money in the offseason.  Brilliant plan.  So waste low-cost resources on rentals which will have to be replaced with high-cost free agents the year after.  The Kenny Williams approach to sustainability.  

21 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Then waste precious minor league resources to get talent that only would have cost money in the offseason.  Brilliant plan.  So waste low-cost resources on rentals which will have to be replaced with high-cost free agents the year after.  The Kenny Williams approach to sustainability.  

It’s JR’s approach. I kind of feel bad for Hahn. He has done a good job considering what he has to work with. 

Edited by maloney.adam

4 hours ago, poppysox said:

You can add over 75 years old and where I live 65-year-olds.  That list is being expanded quickly.  In Arizona, the age groups tend to run a little older as well don't you think?  Since I meet all criteria they can do anything they want other than shut down for another year.  However, since it's obvious they will limit admittance, I suggested allowing vaccinated people who wear a mask and social distance as the most practical solution.

Yeah, those are the safest people to attend, however how many vaccinated people are even baseball fans at this point, or are healthy enough to want to go to a spring game? That was kind of my point. My age group, mid 40's probably won't get vaccinated until April at the earliest, but I'm healthy, so wearing a mask and somewhat socially distancing myself, I'm likely not to have to worry either. So the teams need some revenue, and that is why I think we should be fine to at minimum let 25% of all people that "want" to attend, as long as they mask and distance. 

2 hours ago, TheCommish said:

Yeah, those are the safest people to attend, however how many vaccinated people are even baseball fans at this point, or are healthy enough to want to go to a spring game? That was kind of my point. My age group, mid 40's probably won't get vaccinated until April at the earliest, but I'm healthy, so wearing a mask and somewhat socially distancing myself, I'm likely not to have to worry either. So the teams need some revenue, and that is why I think we should be fine to at minimum let 25% of all people that "want" to attend, as long as they mask and distance. 

It won't bother me if you are there...but it will bother some people.  On the other hand, if my being vaccinated, wearing a mask, and social distancing bothers those same people...they are the ones who should stay home.  Don't expect everyone to do it their way.  Just my opinion.