Sox & ReyLo settle at $2.1M

Sleepy Harold

16 hours ago, poppysox said:

I think you are right.  Hope is that Katz speaks a language Lopez understands.

I feel bad for Katz. It will be impossible for him to live up to the hype. There are so many Sox fans thinking Giolito like turnarounds for multiple pitchers, and either improved or sustained  performance for everyone else. It is . Some will probably get better. A couple will probably naturally regress and a few probably are what they are.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I feel bad for Katz. It will be impossible for him to live up to the hype. There are so many Sox fans thinking Giolito like turnarounds for multiple pitchers, and either improved or sustained  performance for everyone else. It is going to be hard to live up to the hype. Some will probably get better. A couple will probably naturally regress and a few probably are what they are.

Agreed. Some people think good coaches can fix anything. Similar to when an offense sucks and it’s automatically the hitting coach’s fault. Sometimes players just aren’t good enough, regardless of how they are coached. 

44 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I feel bad for Katz. It will be impossible for him to live up to the hype. There are so many Sox fans thinking Giolito like turnarounds for multiple pitchers, and either improved or sustained  performance for everyone else. It is . Some will probably get better. A couple will probably naturally regress and a few probably are what they are.

This is true, though by changing coaches it is ensured Cease, Lopez and others will have a fresh set of eyes. A new approach, a better attention to detail, flexibility. Something the White Sox hasn't gotten out of the pitching coach role in decades. It's a shame he wasn't here to perhaps salvage Rodon or Fulmer.

Cooper is like Nagy, do it my way, whether it works or not.

47 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I feel bad for Katz. ItwImance for everyone else. It is. Some will probably get better. A couple will probably naturally regress and a few probably are what they are.

I have said the same thing about feeling sorry for Katz and our expectations.  However, there is no point in having a pitching coach unless he brings something to the table.  There was certainly a time when this forum thought Coop walked on water.

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

This is true, though by changing coaches it is ensured Cease, Lopez and others will have a fresh set of eyes. A new approach, a better attention to detail, flexibility. Something the White Sox hasn't gotten out of the pitching coach role in decades. It's a shame he wasn't here to perhaps salvage Rodon or Fulmer.

Cooper is like Nagy, do it my way, whether it works or not.

To be fair, so far, no other pitching coach has fixed Fulmer.  I really thought he would go to the Reds and his old pitching coach from Vandy and be useful.