Garrett Richards to Boston, 1 year $10 million.

Chicago White Sox

45 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

What do you guys think the White Sox rotation looks like on June 1st? 

Giolito, Lynn, DK, Cease, and whatever crap Wainwright or whoever they sign.

At this point almost prefer Lopez or hope Kopech is pitching with us June 1st. 

Edited by smellysox

43 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I just hoped we'd spend a little extra to save prospects and upgrade the rotation. 

My guess is

Gio, Lynn, DK, Burnes type of trade, Kopech. 

I'm not sure Cease will get it done this year. 

26 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

1. Giolito

2. Lynn

3. Keuchel

4. Cease

5. Wainwright (or some other low end old man)

Kopech still in minors.

I don’t see any way Kopech is still in the minors on June 1. Most realistic best case scenario is Kopech and Cease are in the rotation by then. This is the reason why the team isn’t giving $10 million plus to a 4th starter. 

2 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I don’t see any way Kopech is still in the minors on June 1. Most realistic best case scenario is Kopech and Cease are in the rotation by then. This is the reason why the team isn’t giving $10 million plus to a 4th starter. 

I can see it, and if someone gets hurt or doesn't pan out they make a trade

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

When do we regain the extra year of control with Kopech?

4 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

That’s fine and dandy but if they think all of their guys are going to make it through the season unscathed, and pitching full season workloads after last year, they are in for a huge surprise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

That’s fine and dandy but if they think all of their guys are going to make it through the season unscathed, and pitching full season workloads after last year, they are in for a huge surprise.

Keuchel barely made it through last year with his back issue

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

That’s where ReyLo steps in 🤮

The other thing is they had 2 guys they trusted to start a game they must win. Now they probably have 3 but to get to 3 they had to get rid of the next most trustworthy starter. To put it on Katz n his first season as a ML pitching coach to turn around Cease and Lopez, and to be really confident Kopech won’t show any rust when he is called up is pretty insane. The Sox need another Staring  pitcher they can reasonably expect to be around league average , and provide innings. Either you get really lucky or those guys cost 8 figures. 

34 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

At this point with no trade or signing:

Gio

Lynn

Dallas

Cease

Kopech

This is how I see it since we passed on Q and show no interest in Bauer.  Katz needs to be really good in order to fix Cease, Kopech, and Lopez.

Richards is reportedly signing with the Red Sox

The Boston Red Sox have agreed to terms with free agent right-hander Garrett Richards on a one-year contract worth $10 million, ESPN's Jeff Passan reports. The deal is pending a physical. Alex Speier of the Boston Globe adds that the deal includes a $10 million option for 2022. 

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-free-agency-red-sox-agree-to-terms-with-right-hander-garret-richards-per-report/

Edited by caulfield12

57 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Last season he would have earned a $10M pro-rated salary, but again, you guys can keep ignoring the fact that he’s fully recovered from TJS and may have fixed his elbow issues for good.

I'm not interested in being the team who risks a guys health being fixed based in a 60 game season. Not at 33, not for $10mm, particularly since he hasn't pitched a helpful amount of innings since 2015.

There's better options out there.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Richards is reportedly signing with the Red Sox

The Boston Red Sox have agreed to terms with free agent right-hander Garrett Richards on a one-year contract worth $10 million, ESPN's Jeff Passan reports. The deal is pending a physical. Alex Speier of the Boston Globe adds that the deal includes a $10 million option for 2022. 

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-free-agency-red-sox-agree-to-terms-with-right-hander-garret-richards-per-report/

Movin on....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Holes in my Sox said:

If they wanted to make a big trade I’d love to see them go for Jack Flaherty.  As a fan of both teams it’s a win-win for me 😁.  Sox get another great pitcher, who is controlled for a while and is friends with Giolito, and the Cardinals get some youth.  Wouldn’t be cheap for the Sox, but may be worth it.  I’m not sure the Cards would do it, but I’m at the point I think the Cardinals front office is pretty inept at this point.

It would never happen, but I did find it funny that both Flaherty and Giolito liked my friend's tweet the other day that joked about Flaherty teaming with Giolito and signing with the Sox in 2024

• Like 1

The Red Sox rotation is taking shape, as the team reached agreement on Saturday with righthander Garrett Richards on a one-year, $10 million contract. The deal includes a $10 million team option for 2022 and a buyout, with escalators for both the salary and the buyout based on Richards’s contributions in 2021, according to a major league source.

Richards, 32, went 2-2 with a 4.03 ERA along with 8.1 strikeouts and 3.0 walks per nine innings for the Padres in 51⅓ innings in 2020 — his first full season back from Tommy John surgery in mid-2018. Richards had a 4.27 ERA in 10 starts, while allowing one run in five innings and striking out five in four relief appearances.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/01/23/sports/red-sox-nearing-deal-with-pitcher-garrett-richards/

5 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

It would never happen, but I did find it funny that both Flaherty and Giolito liked my friend's tweet the other day that joked about Flaherty teaming with Giolito and signing with the Sox in 2024

Now all you need is Max Fried, but that will really draw out wisebri’s future luxury tax implications posts again...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Who?

For over 10 million I'm taking to Odorizzi and Paxton. For less I'd trust Wainwright, and would've rather Q. Honestly, not a fan of either but better than Richards at that cost.

I'd rather take a cheaper flier on Archer or Walker.

I think there's a better chance Richards makes less than 10 starts, than there is he makes 20+.

4 minutes ago, shakes said:

For over 10 million I'm taking to Odorizzi and Paxton. For less I'd trust Wainwright, and would've rather Q. Honestly, not a fan of either but better than Richards at that cost.

I'd rather take a cheaper flier on Archer or Walker.

I think there's a better chance Richards makes less than 10 starts, than there is he makes 20+.

Odorizzi was looking for $3/40...out of our current price range.