Garrett Richards to Boston, 1 year $10 million.

Chicago White Sox

45 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

They added 1 (admittedly fantastic) reliever.

You're dancing around the point. They have not optimized and they really haven't spent much. I totally look at Lynn as a red herring here.

I'm not dancing around anything. I just don't agree with you. You are saying weird abstract things that don't really make sense and presenting them as factual statements.

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, shakes said:

I'm not dancing around anything. I just don't agree with you. You are saying weird abstract things that don't really make sense and presenting them as factual statements.

There is nothing abstract. It's 100% clear cut.

Lynn is a clear "win now" move. Otherwise it is a stupid trade. So keeping with that logic, you need more than that because the rotation is still tenuous. 

It only makes no sense if you lack comprehension. Or if you are one of those easily fooled fans that see any move and get excited without analyzing it.

Edited by RagahRagah

Just now, RagahRagah said:

Lynn is a clear "win now" move. Otherwise it is a stupid trade. So keeping with that logic, you need more than that because the rotation is still tenuous. 

It only makes no sense if you lack comprehension.

Your arguing style is definitely a little rough around the edges...lol

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Your arguing style is definitely a little rough around the edges...lol

There is no "style." I'm merely pointing out things anyone should be able to put together.

If you don't agree Lynn is a "win now" move, you are lacking comprehension. 

13 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

It only makes no sense if you lack comprehension. Or if you are one of those easily fooled fans that see any move and get excited without analyzing it.

Then I will simply apologize for my clear stupidity and allow you to carry on without me.

If I ever get to the point of understanding the smokescreens and red herrings, I'll jump back in.

Adding Lynn, at least without an extension and giving up young pitching, is certainly all-in.

Assuming nobody’s going to be happy with a FA pitching addition other than Odorizzi or Tanaka, we’re left in the typical KW position of waiting until midseason.

Considering the fact that health/science is currently skeptical about a return to normal on Covid due to the slow/complicated vaccination progress (just 5% of the country) before the end of the year now, the transmissibility of the mutant strain outpacing containment, that big sports areas like LA and Texas are in chaos...it’s easy to see why they are being so conservative.

It just sucks for fans who were so patient throughout this lost decade of Sox baseball. 

About all that’s missing are puff pieces on Cease, Kopech and Lopez.  Thankfully, we can at least skip “Rodon’s turned the corner.”

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Holy crap. For someone talking about comprehension, you 100% didn't understand that was an entire sentence. 

Not sure what you mean but it's another thing when you clarify and examine something and then... the person being challenged completely ignores what you say, makes a bitter remark and then just leaves. 

This seems to happen a lot. Some people simply cannot just admit they didn't think something through. I dont care if that's the case, it's the resistance to admitting it that bothers me.

Again I ask any of you challenging me... do you really think trading for 1 year of Lynn isn't a win now move? Of fucking course it is.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Adding Lynn, at least without an extension and giving up young pitching, is certainly all-in.

Assuming nobody’s going to be happy with a FA pitching addition other than Odorizzi or Tanaka, we’re left in the typical KW position of waiting until midseason.

Considering the fact that health/science is currently skeptical about a return to normal on Covid due to the slow/complicated vaccination progress (just 5% of the country) before the end of the year now, the transmissibility of the mutant strain outpacing containment, that big sports areas like LA and Texas are in chaos...it’s easy to see why they are being so conservative.

It just sucks for fans who were so patient throughout this lost decade of Sox baseball. 

About all that’s missing are puff pieces on Cease, Kopech and Lopez.

This is all I've been saying. I'm not sure how and why anyone can think otherwise. It is mind boggling.

11 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

This is all I've been saying. I'm not sure how and why anyone can think otherwise. It is mind boggling.

If the pandemic drags into 2022 I don't even see the owners being willing to negotiate with the MLBPA until full attendance is possible again. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

F all of you for not giving Katz and Cease love. You all are gonna eat crow

It’s gone from a nice to have to a necessity thou, that’s the scary part.

Just really wanted to go into this year with it being very unlikely that we’ll need a long stretch of bullpen games or AAA fodder and now it’s just one or two injuries away.

Hipefully pop up star kade McClure is an insanely popped up pop up star or Stiever finds his high velo

19 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

It’s not “All in”.  The move vastly improved the current team, yes.

I say this all the time, but I’ll keep saying it until people understand:  

There’s a very good possibility the Sox wanted to move Dunning at all costs this offseason and sell high before he had no value.  That possibility MUST be acknowledged.  Through that lens, there’s no reason to get all worked up about all-in etc. 

4 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

It’s not “All in”.  The move vastly improved the current team, yes.

I say this all the time, but I’ll keep saying it until people understand:  

There’s a very good possibility the Sox wanted to move Dunning at all costs this offseason and sell high before he had no value.  That possibility MUST be acknowledged.  Through that lens, there’s no reason to get all worked up about all-in etc. 

It is all-in. He's 34 and here for 1 year. Dunning was coming along well. If we aren't all in then just let him pitch. Pick a street. 

Edited by RagahRagah

3 minutes ago, Vulture said:

All in means putting all your chips in. Dunning is not all the chips ffs

What would constitute putting all the chips in?

We traded 6 years of a young pitcher who was  owing along well and had high potential and more for 1 year. Trazing that kind of quality control for 1 year of someone is either going all in or being stupid. Pick 1.

Edited by RagahRagah

Just now, RagahRagah said:

What would constitute putting all the chips in?

We traded 6 years of a young pitcher who was  owing along well and had high potential and more for 1 year. Any trade for 1 year of someone is either going all in or being stupid. Pick 1.

Why can’t it just be that Lynn improves our team this year, and we feel that Dunning is replaceable in the rotation because of our other young arms?