$15m and two moves to finish the roster

striker

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Stiever, Sheets, lottery ticket for Musgrove ($4.45M)

Sign La Stella to a 1 year deal ($6M)

Sign Flowers to a 1 year deal ($4M)

That’s 3 moves, but still.

I want to live in this world. 😆

• Haha 1

Musgrove? Only if he’s cheaper than Q. 4.5 million? Ok. Leaves 10.5.  Go get the best defensive left fielder you get for 10 million or the best DH for 10 million. Nelson Cruz? I know everyone going to point to the Encarncion deal last year, but Cruz is a better hitter, power and average for 1 year with an option for a second year. 
I don’t think we need La Stella. Not crazy about any ex Cubs. Before you say it, Q don’t count. Mendick can do the job for 10th of the price. We have plenty of power. Mendick did a great job, stick wise and defensively when Nick went down. 

Edited by AJ'S Cousin
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Stiever, Sheets, lottery ticket for Musgrove ($4.45M)

Sign La Stella to a 1 year deal ($6M)

Sign Flowers to a 1 year deal ($4M)

That’s 3 moves, but still.

The only way Hahn can make this package more offensive is he if includes a literal bag of fresh shit as the 4th piece. 

Chances are  Stiever is never as good as Musgrove. Sheets is a non prospect. The Pirates hang up on this offer. 

Edited by ron883

Trade for Tucker Barnhart or sign Tyler Flowers.

Sign Quintana.

Save a little  money for July in this caseto determine exactly what we need.  Use the DH with Grandal, Flowers, Collins,Jose,Yoan, Eloy until Vaughn may be ready.

My dream is to go big and trade for Ketel Marte or Whit Merrifield.  Yes they should cost a lot.  I cannot believe how friendly their contracts still are.  I would love the position flexibility for both those guys. 

Mike Leake or Chris Archer for 5-6 million

Eddie Rosario for 9-10 million.  

Though honestly I'd prefer they just spend it all on Tanaka, or go with Q and a lighter bat, but I still think they should try to get Rosario... I just think he fits well.

Edited by turnin' two
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

This.  I could do without Flowers and just let the in house guys have at the BU catcher role, but Quintana + LaStella seems like a no brainer.  

Agreed. 

Quintana/Richards/Archer/Leake sign as #4 starter

La Stella / Brad Miller / Profar add as another bat with versatility

Flowers would be solid if budget room remains. Going with Collins/Zavala/Mercedes wouldn't be the end of the world though

• Like 1