Thank You Jerry Reinsdorf!

Chicago White Sox

I felt it was time to celebrate our great owner Jerry Reinsdorf and applaud him for going all out amidst a financially crippling pandemic.  Times are tough, even for billionaires, but that’s not stopping Jerry from playing at the top of free agency and doing what needs to be done to deliver us a World Series caliber product.  Come October and we’re holding that beloved trophy, don’t forgot moments like when Jerry won that bidding war for Adam Eaton despite the financial duress it likely caused him.  We truly are lucky to have an owner who puts winning above all else atop our organization.  Thank you Jerry from the bottom of all our hearts!!

Looks like great minds think alike as Paul Sullivan wrote a fantastic piece about this very subject.  I recommend everyone read this and thank Paul for this excellent, though-provoking article.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/white-sox/ct-chicago-white-sox-liam-hendriks-jerry-reinsdorf-20210116-rhgupqhn5rhivlpu7xh5jyqnxq-story.html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I felt it was time to celebrate our great owner Jerry Reinsdorf and applaud him for going all out amidst a financially crippling pandemic.  Times are tough, even for billionaires, but that’s not stopping Jerry from playing at the top of free agency and doing what needs to be done to deliver us a World Series caliber product.  Come October and we’re holding that beloved trophy, don’t forgot moments like when Jerry won that bidding war for Adam Eaton despite the financial duress it likely caused him.  We truly are lucky to have an owner who puts winning above all else atop our organization.  Thank you Jerry from the bottom of all our hearts!!

Looks like great minds think alike as Paul Sullivan wrote a fantastic piece about this very subject.  I recommend everyone read this and thank Paul for this excellent, though-provoking article.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/white-sox/ct-chicago-white-sox-liam-hendriks-jerry-reinsdorf-20210116-rhgupqhn5rhivlpu7xh5jyqnxq-story.html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Has LaRussa's salary ever been mentioned anywhere ?

• Like 1

My favorite quote in that article is this:

After the Sox signed Liam Hendriks to a $54 million, four-year deal Friday, their payroll is an estimated $131 million for 2021, according to rosterresource.com, nearly double the payroll of $68 million at the end of the 2018 season.

Like that is some serious water carrying or whatever you kids call it these days!

• Like 1

Yes let’s celebrate Jerry being in the bottom third of payroll during this rebuild averaging between 20-50 million under league average.  Now he ties his gm’s hands in signing a SP over a few million bucks.  Thanks ya cheap b@!*! ard  Go find another business where you can count every straw.  I am sooooo frustrated with this right now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

My favorite quote in that article is this:

Like that is some serious water carrying or whatever you kids call it these days!

I recently found a ten dollar bill in a parking lot and immediately quit my job and retired early. After all, it was double the highest amount I’ve ever found on the ground before, so that proves it’s a lot of money!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You did this on purpose knowing what the reactions would be.

And I applaud you for it.

👏👏👏👏

Edited by ptatc
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

You can certainly criticise reinsdorf for what he did in the last 10 years but so far the sox have been the most active team in the majors so and only the padres and Mets only came anywhere near them in activity. Obviously it is easier from a lower starting point and the sox should be active but no reason to complain about this off season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

You can certainly criticise reinsdorf for what he did in the last 10 years but so far the sox have been the most active team in the majors so and only the padres and Mets only came anywhere near them in activity. Obviously it is easier from a lower starting point and the sox should be active but no reason to complain about this off season.

This is such a ridiculous blanket statement it's not even funny. 

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

We have been active and it could definitely be worse, but under no circumstance does Jerry deserve accolades for this offseason.  In this market we could have done serious damage with a willingness to spend, but right now a roughly league average payroll and a minimal increase vs. 2020 looks like what we’ll get despite claiming we are going for it.  We have no choice but to accept that, but we can at least call out clowns like Sullivan who are trying to sell us fans a false narrative.

• Thanks 2

Current 2021 Payroll Data (Includes Hendricks Signing)

Chicago - Metro Population 9.5M

• Chicago Cubs Tanking = Current Payroll $133M (11th)
  • Chicago White Sox "All In" = Current Payroll $126M (14th)

San Diego - Metro Population 3.3M

• San Diego Padres = Current Payroll $159M (7th)

Saint Louis - Metro Population 2.8M

• Saint Louis Cardinals = Current Payroll $128M (13th)

And when the White Sox do pry the checkbook out of Jerry's cold still alive hands, there have been too many swing and misses. Hopefully the current deals pan out.

All-time $6M + AAV Chicago White Sox Free Agent Signings

1. $18.5M Dallas Keuchel 2.1 (2020) (2021 & 2022 - Hoping he fails to vest for 2023)
  2. $18.3M Yasmani Grandal 0.8 (2020) (2021-2023)
  3. $16.7M Jose Abreu 3.1 (2020) (2021-2022)
  4. $14.0M Adam Dunn -0.1 (2011-2014)
  5. $14.0M Melky Cabrera 1.6 (2015-2017)
  6. $13.5M Liam Hendriks (2021-2024)
  7. $12.5M Adam LaRoche -0.7 (2015 - Jerry's All Time Favorite Player for giving him $12.5M back for 2016).
  8. $12.1M Paul Konerko 2.0 (2006-2013)
  9. $12.0M Edwin Encarnacion -0.3 (2020)
  10. $11.5M David Robertson 0.5 (2015-2017 2 1/2 seasons before trade)
  11. $11.0M Albert Belle 4.3 (1997-1998)
  12. $9.0M Kelvin Herrera -0.3 (2019-2020)
  13. $8.0M Adam Eaton (2021)
  14. $7.5M Wellington Castillo 0.2 (2018-2019)
  15. $6.0M Derek Holland -1.6 (2017)
  16. $6.0M Steve Cishek -0.2 (2020)