Thank You Jerry Reinsdorf!

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I was thinking that might be the case, but glad someone confirmed it.  There better be more coming or I hope he gets ridiculed and not celebrated by clowns like Sullivan.

And this is the type of thinking that concerns me, as I know this twitter handler is well-versed in Sox thinking:

https://mobile.twitter.com/rbh700/status/1352714219725217794

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

And this is the type of thinking that concerns me, as I know this twitter handler is well-versed in Sox thinking:

https://mobile.twitter.com/rbh700/status/1352714219725217794

Jerry is going to waste this window isn’t he.  This year it will be COVID, next year it will be the CBA. JFC, I’m turning into Jack Parkman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You have what you have for 3 years til extensions get too expensive.  Only major moves can be via trade so Hahn has to figure out how big of a splash he needs.  If it’s me I am going to go get Burnes if it costs me Madrigal, Heuer, Kelley, and a lottery ticket.  We can’t take the risk that every pitcher we had works out.  You can always trade excess pitching for other needs.  Not trying to start up the Burnes thread here again just thanking Jerry on behalf of RH for his support when Hahn has done a great job of getting us to this point with this cheap bastard.  After this window closes if I’m Hahn and get another offer I leave

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

No evidence is a great lead-in to your 4th point. 

Perhaps Tony will speak to non White Sox paid/controlled media at least once before he retires. The White Sox announced in November Tony would be available after the Winter Meetings (like every other GM and Manager), once his latest criminal proceedings and convictions were adjudicated. That hasn't been the case now five weeks and counting, I expect MLB and the Chicago White Sox to continue to use that to their advantage, indefinitely/permanently if need be.

I'd be perfectly fine with Tony continuing to collect managerial wins while staying at home in Arizona for a portion or even the entire season or his entire contract, as he did a decade ago collecting MLB wins while staying home with the shingles. Cairo can run the show, Renteria is also under contract, perhaps he can be recalled as needed. Boylen is also under contract, in times of "biblical losses" everything must be on the table. In times like these, we give, and give again.

2 hours ago, RagahRagah said:

I mean... really, not that much was actually spent.

2 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

I expect this to change, but as of now, they've actually cut more salary than they've added

^^^ This, assuming no additional significant deals are made. 

Hahn stated "our team is on the floor" during his latest press conference. Shooter hasn't spoken since his "I don't have a racist bone in my body" elite press conference performance.

Payroll decreased year over before Sullivan's article. Surprised Paul didn't praise the 250% payroll increase year over year from the amount ($125M vs. $50M) Jerry actually paid to players in 2020.

2020 Opening Day Payroll $128.2M

1/23/21 White Sox Payroll $125.7M

On 1/23/2021 at 12:34 PM, Chicago White Sox said:

It really is terrifying.  Are we even above last year’s payroll right now?  Like how did we get stuck with this cheap fuck for our entire lifetime’s as Sox fans?

I've had 6 owners (Grace Comiskey, Dorothy Comiskey, Bill Veeck, John Allyn, Arthur Allyn, and Reinsdorf) since being a fan.  Hoping to see number 7 in the not too distant future.  What's really sad...JR is the best of the bunch.  

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

I've had 6 owners (Grace Comiskey, Dorothy Comiskey, Bill Veeck, John Allyn, Arthur Allyn, and Reinsdorf) since being a fan.  Hoping to see number 7 in the not too distant future.  What's really sad...JR is the best of the bunch.  

And what, pray tell, leads you to this conclusion?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Thad Bosley said:

And what, pray tell, leads you to this conclusion?

The subject being discussed as usual is JR's cheapness.  This organization has never been run by big money ownership.  Which one of the owners I mentioned do you feel was the big spender.  Remember...this is about spending money... not the most fun.  We all would agree that Veeck was the most fun.  Most of the WS owners have run the club on a shoestring.  JR has run the club like a business and that hasn't been all bad.  JR has done many aggravating things like his early TV moves but all in all he has had his moments IMO.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30759398/source-jurickson-profar-san-diego-padres-agree-3-year-21-million-deal

3 years and $21 million for a "utility player" who's not expected to start more than 1/2 of the time....and also insurance for Cronenwerth sophomore regression at 2B.

9 salaries now of over $7 million for 2021, including five at over $10+ million (Machado, Myers, Hosmer, Darvish and Snell).   The first four names there are all higher than Grandal's team-leading salary.

The White Sox, comparatively, have 4 over $10 million (Grandal, Keuchel, Abreu, Hendriks) and four more at $6.8 million or higher (Anderson, Eaton and Moncada all in this same neighborhood, contract-wise.)

Edited by caulfield12
  • Thanks 1

Both the White Sox and the Bears could be on the block sooner rather than later.

There"s no question the McCaskeys could get a king's ransom for the Bears.

The White Sox could be catapulted into the world of the MLB elites with a well-heeled group of sportsmen.

The White Sox competition is the Los Angeles Dodgers, not the Cleveland Indians.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, poppysox said:

The subject being discussed as usual is JR's cheapness.  This organization has never been run by big money ownership.  Which one of the owners I mentioned do you feel was the big spender.  Remember...this is about spending money... not the most fun.  We all would agree that Veeck was the most fun.  Most of the WS owners have run the club on a shoestring.  JR has run the club like a business and that hasn't been all bad.  JR has done many aggravating things like his early TV moves but all in all he has had his moments IMO.

Reinsdorf is a billionaire.  

• Thanks 1