Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

Of all the moves (outside of pipedreams like Bauer and Ozuna)Ā that have been kicked around here (including some insane ones), Cruz by far gives me the most excitement.Ā 

I'm fine if this is the last splash we make, I'm fine going with Reynaldo as a SP and Collins as 2nd Catcher if we get Cruz.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

Maybe itā€™s all a leverage play to scare Minnesota into offering him a second year

Yep definitely a possibility. Ā Seems peculiar as Hector was just talking a day or two ago about Cruz waiting for clarity on universal DH before deciding.

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

Maybe itā€™s all a leverage play to scare Minnesota into offering him a second year

Wait we want Cruz to be with the Twins for another 2 years ? I might hate that more than the Sox giving him 2 years. I know Cruz is 40 so a 1 year contract for around $15M might get him but can't go 2 years on him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

This is almost certainly what it is. If you remember I think Ozuna's agent used the White Sox and Hector last year in a similar way.Ā Ā 

Incidentally, if they trade for Burnes, who i assume is slated to make like 500k, instead of the roughly 8m they allegedly budgeted for SP we could use that money to sign Cruz, although it would be pretty much impossible to get Cruz and La Stella for 14.5m combined and we would still need La Stella at 2B if Madrigal is part of the trade package.

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

This is almost certainly what it is. If you remember I think Ozuna's agent used the White Sox and Hector last year in a similar way.Ā Ā 

Incidentally, if they trade for Burnes, who i assume is slated to make like 500k, instead of the roughly 8m they allegedly budgeted for SP we could use that money to sign Cruz, although it would be pretty much impossible to get Cruz and La Stella for 14.5m combined and we would still need La Stella at 2B if Madrigal is part of the trade package.

Thatā€™s why I mentioned the idea of trading Vaughn and Heuer for Burnes and signing Cruz. You keep Madrigal this way.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Ha we never would have guessed . By the way ,who is that guy in your avatar ?

The guy in my avatar is Nick Madrigal as you know.Ā  One of my favorite players because he is a throwback to the way the game was.Ā  Soxtalk is about having opinions and I have a strong opinion that Madrigal is going to be a fan favorite for years to come.Ā  I find it laughable that Madrigal makes a couple of bad defensive plays and he becomes a butcher defensively after 29Ā games.Ā  If you bring up his .340 batting average it is because of a small sample size.Ā Ā 

Milwaukee's going to need at least ONE pitcher who can compete this year if they're dreaming of staying in the NL Central race.

Houser can be really good, but Lindbloom and Lauer is shaky as it gets as a 4/5 on a playoff-competitive team.

Ā 

At the very least, it would have to be Lopez/Cease and Vaughn (and perhaps one more piece.)

If you're willing to go Vaughn, Lopez/Cease and Heuer...you might have a deal.

It all depends on how highly Milwaukee scouts value those two pitchers (as opposed to Kopech/Crochet.)

Ā 

That said, would still prefer to go just Cruz and Richards and give the youngsters another year to define themselves.Ā  Ā Don't need to make an "all in" move just yet...at least until the trade deadline.

Of course, that means another $25 million or so in spending, so not counting on BOTH those guys.Ā  But at least ONE would be nice.

Edited by caulfield12

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min