Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

1 minute ago, KrankinSox said:

Maybe you're right but the fact that he posted a picture with Cruz makes me curious. We'll seeĀ 

Didn't really want to curb your enthusiasm. I'm just an even keel kind of guy. I love the enthusiasm which is why I want this thread to explode with new posts about it. It's not a trade so we wouldn't get the endless stream of who do we trade for him . But if I had to pick between the Burnes stuff and Cruz I'm more likely to believe Cruz is more attainable. I doubt either one happens.

• Like 1

To me this becomes which is more attainable for both a short and long run. Ā  You get a cheap SP ($5 mill ish) you take a run at Cruz and give up no collateral. Ā You trade for a cheap SP but possibly lose Vaughn but having pitching set up long term. Ā FYI, if we trade Vaughn for Burnes, Iā€™d give up Lopez and another upside SP like Stiever or Thompson but Vaughn is nearly a top 10 mlb prospect. Burnes ainā€™t Sale

15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If you're willing to go Vaughn, Lopez/Cease and Heuer...you might have a deal.

It all depends on how highly Milwaukee scouts value those two pitchers (as opposed to Kopech/Crochet.)

Ā 

That said, would still prefer to go just Cruz and Richards and give the youngsters another year to define themselves.Ā  Ā Don't need to make an "all in" move just yet...at least until the trade deadline.

Of course, that means another $25 million or so in spending, so not counting on BOTH those guys.Ā  But at least ONE would be nice.

In what world are Lopez & Cease interchangeable?

18 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If you're willing to go Vaughn, Lopez/Cease and Heuer...you might have a deal.

It all depends on how highly Milwaukee scouts value those two pitchers (as opposed to Kopech/Crochet.)

Ā 

That said, would still prefer to go just Cruz and Richards and give the youngsters another year to define themselves.Ā  Ā Don't need to make an "all in" move just yet...at least until the trade deadline.

Of course, that means another $25 million or so in spending, so not counting on BOTH those guys.Ā  But at least ONE would be nice.

Iā€™m not moving Cease, Vaughn, and Heuer unless this discussion has become Luis Castillo......;)

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

In what world are Lopez & Cease interchangeable?

Obviously, Milwaukee would ask for Cease (first), assuming Kopech/Crochet were off the table.

The question is whether or not they would settle for Lopez, especially with his salary about to start rising.

Ā 

It's simply that there's is almost zero likelihood of trading Kopech or Crochet, so those two would be the most likely to go...and, all indications this offseason are that the Sox feel very confident about Cease being able to turn things around with a new pitching coach and approach.

Ā 

Ā 

1 minute ago, quickman said:

People are so desperate they would believe anything. Wake up itā€™s the white Sox. We are done with big names .Ā 

Heā€™s a 41 year old DH on a team that has multiple candidates to fill it. Thatā€™s an incredibly likely white Sox scenario.

• Like 1

Totally disagree this thread was dead and because people are bored it was resurrected like Jesus. Donā€™t see it . Nobody sees it. And all the people out there thinking baur is coming are fucking delusional. Whatā€™s wrong with everyone . We have a team itā€™s not perfect but we have great player coming up and almost ready. We can add in July. Pretty much done except for a fringe player. Stop the insanity .Ā 

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Obviously, Milwaukee would ask for Cease (first), assuming Kopech/Crochet were off the table.

The question is whether or not they would settle for Lopez, especially with his salary about to start rising.

Ā 

It's simply that there's is almost zero likelihood of trading Kopech or Crochet, so those two would be the most likely to go...and, all indications this offseason are that the Sox feel very confident about Cease being able to turn things around with a new pitching coach and approach.

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah instead of Cease, Kopech or CrochetĀ the Brewers would settle for Lopez in exchange for Burnes

šŸ™„

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Wait really?Ā  So glad you informed us. I did not realize that people on the interwebs could be less than truthful.

Suppose the point I was trying to make unless people think the whole thread was a ruse is there is nothing to this .we can disagree and thatā€™s fine. Hope I am wrong .Ā 

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Yeah instead of Cease, Kopech or CrochetĀ the Brewers would settle for Lopez in exchange for Burnes

šŸ™„

Vaughn is one of the top rated prospects in baseball, and he's a HUGE need for Milwaukee right now.

Most importantly, he's going to be cheap for his first four years.

And Heuer solidifies that bullpen if they trade Hader.

Ā 

The fact of the matter is that Kopech and Crochet give you so many different possible outcomes in terms of innings pitched.Ā  At the very least, Lopez seems to have a rubber arm and is a decent change of scenery candidate if there ever was one.

Ā 

6 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Hector seems pretty adamant on this one. He's fighting with all naysayers on twitter right now and defending his record of breaking news.

Heā€™s also saying heā€™s breaking this and not someone else. However he didnā€™t rule out the leverage play.

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min