Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I'm not buying it. If the Sox have that money to spend,  they should spend it on pitching. 

Unless they are confident they can acquire a cheap SP via trade. I doubt it too, just trying to think of how going out and spending $10+ on Cruz would logically make sense with obvious holes still on this roster.

5 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Hypothetically, would you guys prefer Cruz for like $12 million and a guy like Archer for $3 million or Garrett Richards for $8 million and La Stella for $7 million?

Cruz and Archer easy.  I don’t think Cruz is signing for $12 but I think Jerry could understand a couple extra....

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I'm not buying it. If the Sox have that money to spend,  they should spend it on pitching. 

Could be as simply as they don’t want commit dollars to a pitcher beyond this year.  Rising payroll plus a desire to extend Lynn might not leave a ton of money for unnecessary pieces.

4 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Hypothetically, would you guys prefer Cruz for like $12 million and a guy like Archer for $3 million or Garrett Richards for $8 million and La Stella for $7 million?

Cruz - Archer

Elite lineup + elite bullpen + strong 1-2-3 in the rotation. The lineup and bullpen can cover up any mistakes / growing pains coming from the 4-5 spot.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Those are good questions.  Could be what carbon is suggesting and they plan on dealing Vaughn++ for Burnes.  Or perhaps Jerry is a little more optimistic about potential fan attendance and is willing to spend a little more to fit Cruz into equation.  Even way, he’d be a massive addition for the 2021 season.

This could also be one of Tony's guys too. He talked Jerry into it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Cruz + Archer easily, and that's why Cruz will likely get $14M and Archer will get $5M plus a couple mil incentives.

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min