Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

Just now, Sleepy Harold said:

People love to give him shit for the Machado/Ozuna stuff, but the dude clearly has connections. I don't get why people choose not to believe it.

At this point, we know the Machado stuff is legit. Dude was going to sign here until Padres came in a couple days before they signed him. So I don't really fault him there.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

At this point, we know the Machado stuff is legit. Dude was going to sign here until Padres came in a couple days before they signed him. So I don't really fault him there.

Exactly. It was his opinion that he would sign here, but he was on the money about the details of the offer. The Sox just screwed it up. Hector can't do anything about that.

• Like 2

I’ve always liked Hector and have never understood how people can get one thing right after another and the moment they make a mistake, they are full of crap. It’s always what have you done for me lately I guess. Rosenthal was wrong yesterday so I guess he’s fake too. It’s pretty cool to have a good bat to speculate about.

Edited by Orlando
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I think folks tend to forget that information can be 100% right in the moment, but something changes after that. These things are very dynamic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Didn't really want to curb your enthusiasm. I'm just an even keel kind of guy. I love the enthusiasm which is why I want this thread to explode with new posts about it. It's not a trade so we wouldn't get the endless stream of who do we trade for him . But if I had to pick between the Burnes stuff and Cruz I'm more likely to believe Cruz is more attainable. I doubt either one happens.

8 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

This is what he tweeted. 

Oh yea now we're talking ! Those retweets and people quoting them will catch this thread up to the Burnes thread in no time !

7 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

This is what he tweeted. 

The funny thing is that I thought Hector was referring to the Passan article. Not paying attention to Cruz taking batting practice.  And since then has had 2 or 3 posts with Cruz and Whitesox  or good news coming to whitesox fans! Something is happening. 

2 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

Half the reason I want Cruz is to annoy the fuck outta Twins fans

Half the reason I want Cruz is just to keep him away from the Twins.

I'm a big Andrew Vaughn guy, but if we can sign Cruz to a 1 year deal with an option, similar to the EE deal, then I'm totally good with being worried about having too many good hitters in June when Vaughn comes up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Would definitely be an old school KW slealth mode special

Oh yeah this definitely has Kenny Williams all over it. I believe one of the foodies said the Sox had internal talks and interest in Cruz at the beginning of the offseason. 

• Like 1

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min