Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

1 hour ago, Quin said:

I have nightmares about Thome's walk-off against Thornton.

I turned it off when the pitch was thrown before Thome swung. My Dad said, “why’d you do that?!?”

I told him the game was over and that Thome was hitting it way back.

Dad didn’t believe me but then turned it on to see I was right.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

If Orlando has a million fans I am one of them. If Orlando has ten fans I am one of them. If Orlando has no fans, that means I am no longer on Earth. If the world is against Orlando, I am against the world. I love Orlando till my last breath.

You the man!

1 minute ago, NCsoxfan said:

I have no clue how the last few pages relate to Cruz. Do we know where this stands?

Sorry for contributing to the derailing. I really hope Cruz joins the Sox. We have real smoke from credible guys and smoke from accounts that may not be credible that suggests he may be an option. 

5 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I turned it off when the pitch was thrown before Thome swung. My Dad said, “why’d you do that?!?”

I told him the game was over and that Thome was hitting it way back.

Dad didn’t believe me but then turned it on to see I was right.

Imagine how Astros fans felt about the Pujols blast. The second the ball the thrown the pitcher knew he messed up. 

8 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Last 13 or 14 years probably works.  But I will say that the willingness to spend top-of-market in the 2000s when Jerry really believed we were contenders has kept me holding out hope that we might get back there again during this window. Part of me wonders whether Jerry just doesn't quite buy that we're there yet.

JR has been very willing to spend money when we are competitive.  Many of those spend money moves have blown up like Dunn, EE, LaRoche, Danks, etc.  He put big money on the table for some of our success stories like Abreu, Robert, and all the early extensions.  He has stayed away from the stupid 10 years at 30 million per year stuff.  I don't blame him for not wanting to have all his eggs in one basket.  It is just not prudent IMO.  Only pitchers with long term deals scare him off and we probably have Danks to thank for that.  I am hopeful that RH can find a creative way to attract Bauer in a manner acceptable to JR making an exception.  He sure would fit this team to a tee.

• Like 1

Don’t forget Bobby Jenks vs. a certain Twins CF who shall not be named from 2008, hint, a Hawk favorite not named Torii Hunter.

Or one of the forgettable 2012 rookie relievers against Boston down the stretch...Cody Ross.

Zobrist in the Dome against Koch.

David Robertson vs. the Royals.  

Any no name Twin like Denny Hocking, Lew Ford, Nick Punto or Blanco vs. White Sox.

Edited by caulfield12

45 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

I just don't know why people think this. Nothing that's occurred in the last 20 years supports the idea that this team will spend beyond the 50th percentile at best, no matter what the roster needs.

How many of those 20 years have the Sox had a legitimate pennant contender?  

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

I have no clue how the last few pages relate to Cruz. Do we know where this stands?

I wouldn't get too hopeful.  IMO, this is a pump job for a friend to stir interest and scare the Twins.  Why, in Blomberg's name, would Cruz commit to a Sox offer, probably a low ball one at that, before the NL DH is decided?   And there's no credible indication from anywhere else that Sox have made any offer or even shown interest.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

Ok, last 15 years?

They ran top-5 payrolls for a few years after the 2005 WS win.

Which is why trading Vaughn++ for Burnes and signing Cruz (or Ozuna) needs to happen.  The only way to convince Reinsdorf to spend like he should is if there is guaranteed revenue coming in and that means a deep postseason run.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thedoctor said:

posts about rumors>posts about the veracity of rumors

posts about rumors>posts about the veracity of rumors>posts about the source of rumors>posts speculating about the identity of the source of rumors>posts about the veracity of speculation about the identity of the source of rumors>posts about the morality of attacks on the veracity of speculations about the identity of the source of rumors.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

posts about rumors>posts about the veracity of rumors>posts about the source of rumors>posts speculating about the identity of the source of rumors>posts about the veracity of speculation about the identity of the source of rumors>posts about the morality of attacks on the veracity of speculations about the identity of the source of rumors.....>anything posted by Phil Rogers

Now it is complete. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

posts about rumors>posts about the veracity of rumors>posts about the source of rumors>posts speculating about the identity of the source of rumors>posts about the veracity of speculation about the identity of the source of rumors>posts about the morality of attacks on the veracity of speculations about the identity of the source of rumors.....

It's wild. I don't give a shit who has sources or who tweets what. I just come for the entertainment value of the tweets and the board collapsing like a star becoming a black hole. I pray for all the souls that get sucked into this blackhole of melodrama. #event horizon

• Like 1

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min