Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

Really wish I was a fly on the wall in the convos Rick Hahn is having with Jerry Reinsdorf about the budget. Hahn should be in Jerry’s ear all day about how he needs to step up for Marcell Ozuna or Nelson Cruz feel like leaving DH for Tommy La Stella/some lesser bat really is gonna come back to haunt the Sox especially cuz Vaughn needs time in the minors 

7 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

Really wish I was a fly on the wall in the convos Rick Hahn is having with Jerry Reinsdorf about the budget. Hahn should be in Jerry’s ear all day about how he needs to step up for Marcell Ozuna or Nelson Cruz feel like leaving DH for Tommy La Stella/some lesser bat really is gonna come back to haunt the Sox especially cuz Vaughn needs time in the minors 

Rick "JR can I have a word with you about the budget for this year.  We have a couple of additions that I think will put us over the top"

JR "Well didn't you spend money on a closer and an RF.  And I believe you added some salary for a starter with a trade.  You have the best manager that ever lived.  I think we are good enough.  Tony thinks we can win."  

JR is a businessman.  This is a business.  If he wins he wins, if he doesn't well as long as the bottom line works out he is good.  

Edited by southsideirish71
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, fathom said:

I guess a Twins best reporter that is always on top of things isn’t overly confident they bring back Cruz

https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/nelson-cruz-minnesota-twins-losing-steam-rumors/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

That's pretty massive. That reporter is better than anyone on the Sox beat, he gets tons of info and it's always spot on.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, fathom said:

I guess a Twins best reporter that is always on top of things isn’t overly confident they bring back Cruz

https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/nelson-cruz-minnesota-twins-losing-steam-rumors/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Was just going to post this. That a credible source and pretty big to call talks “dead.”

36 minutes ago, fathom said:

Lol, Clicked on the article and guess who’s tweet they linked as the Sox rumors swirling around Cruz ? 😂

Edited by Orlando

4 minutes ago, Orlando said:

So this guy is extremely legit huh?

I know this is weird for White Sox fans, since our beat reporters don't break news and our rumors come from sandwiches, but he's like a local version of Passan/Schefter/Woj. I've been reading his reports/tweets for years and he's practically never wrong

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I know this is weird for White Sox fans, since our beat reporters don't break news and our rumors come from sandwiches, but he's like a local version of Passan/Schefter/Woj. I've been reading his reports/tweets for years and he's practically never wrong

Hey that’s not fair Chuck kind of broke Adam Eaton lol

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I wonder how Stone is able to have such accurate sources. Unless Hahn or KW are including him in conversations on players, I don't understand how he's able to be so matter of fact (and accurate) about what the Sox will or won't do.

He seems to be good friends with Jerry. He defends him like crazy.

So to recap today's events. Hector would like to see Cruz with the Whitesox "fits good in their lineup ". 

Not Cishek dm if no universal dh, could end up with sox.

Als cheesy beef seems to really be pushing the Jerry loves Cruz narrative. 

Steve Stone says Cruz is not coming here.

And the Twins beat rider says talks are dead between cruz and the Twins. 

Did I miss anything?

No I'm not including the argument between my buddy Orlando and bucket.

Edited by smellysox

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min