Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

4 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I can make the same pessimistic bullet arguments for the entire beloved Yankees roster.  

Oh, do they all actually apply Who? And the Yankees, who have still been making the playoffs and winning divisions virtually every year?

False equivalence to hilariously say the least. If that was the case for the Sox, I wouldn't be complaining at all. None of us would. Because we know what to expect from the owner.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fathom said:

I predict Twins sign Semien and Indians get Joc

Depending on cost, Semien would be a great add on for this team, especially if he can even add a passable corner OF to his resume.  Super utility guy to start and then you know Moncada and Anderson both typically miss time during a season.

18 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I know everyone's going to hate it, because righty and stuff but I think that Yoenis Cespedes will be the Sox DH this year. 

Todos los Cubanos. 

This year is too soon, unless you are referring to maybe at the end of a season where he flies through the minors.  I don't see a scenario where he starts out the season on the major league roster.

16 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Oh, do they all actually apply Who? And the Yankees, who have still been making the playoffs and winning divisions virtually every year?

False equivalence to hilariously say the least. If that was the case for the Sox, I wouldn't be complaining at all. None of us would. Because we know what to expect from the owner.

I believe you called this technique "deflection".

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

This year is too soon, unless you are referring to maybe at the end of a season where he flies through the minors.  I don't see a scenario where he starts out the season on the major league roster.

Yoenis the Mets player 

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

I know everyone's going to hate it, because righty and stuff but I think that Yoenis Cespedes will be the Sox DH this year. 

Todos los Cubanos. 

Not before he proves himself in the minors first. Dude has never played organized baseball in the USA outside of the WBC a few years back. 

1 hour ago, RagahRagah said:

One of the best teams that still choked down the stretch and barely made it into an expanded postseason format in a truncated season. Please do not ignore this. And some of the reasons we did so well are things that are considerably likely to change, which are covered in the bullet points. 

Whatever the results, concerns over the bullet points I listed cannot be denied. They are all real concerns. 

Barely made it into the postseason?  What???  We could have lost 7 more games than we did, and we still would have made the postseason.

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I wonder if this would have any impact on the Twins pursuit of Cruz.

I think it would hurt their chances. On the other end, he’s a good player and would make them better.  Hope he goes to the Brewers or Reds.

12 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Barely made it into the postseason?  What???  We could have lost 7 more games than we did, and we still would have made the postseason.

Don't you understand? One bad week shows that the team is actually trash with so many holes in it they'll be lucky to do anything. Meanwhile every other team has nothing they need to go their way to get into the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I think it would hurt their chances. On the other end, he’s a good player and would make them better.  Hope he goes to the Brewers or Reds.

If Semien signs with them to play 3B, that moves Donaldson to DH and there is no spot for Cruz. Unless they want Semien to play SS, but I don’t know what would happen to Polanco then.

3 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Ragah is 100% correct and consistently one of the best posters on this site. 

It's being real. We can also admit that this division got weaker and we are likely a shoe-in to win the division. That doesn't mean this team is as good as the Blue Jays or NYY or even in the same tier as some of the NL teams as it stands.

As Ragah pointed out, the Rotation is a huge question mark. I don't think the bats will be as much of a question mark, but yeah the DH spot and Eaton are both worrisome atm. 

You two have a very similar posting style and viewpoints. 

• Like 1

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min