Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

I personally wouldn't really care if they brought in Mazara.  Doesn't matter that much to me. I'm not that worried about the lineup. I want a depth starting pitcher - more than anything (or at least a depth piece). Better if it was an ace or a really good pitcher - but at the bare minimum - a solid depth guy would be huge. 

If Sox miss playoffs - I'd put a high end on the reason they missed being tied to not enough starting pitching. This team is going to score runs - I have no doubt about that (barring a mass injury / regression - and I just see that offense as having way too much talent for that steep of a regression).  

14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I mean to bring Mazara back on a MiLB deal with an invite to spring training to fight for a 4th or 5th OF job, that's fine. No one expects Eaton to make it through a full season anyway.   It's another option. 

How is Joc defensively? Shit, if he's any good just sign him and have him in the OF and DH Eloy. Literally no point to have Mazara.

15 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I personally wouldn't really care if they brought in Mazara.  Doesn't matter that much to me. I'm not that worried about the lineup. I want a depth starting pitcher - more than anything (or at least a depth piece). Better if it was an ace or a really good pitcher - but at the bare minimum - a solid depth guy would be huge. 

If Sox miss playoffs - I'd put a high end on the reason they missed being tied to not enough starting pitching. This team is going to score runs - I have no doubt about that (barring a mass injury / regression - and I just see that offense as having way too much talent for that steep of a regression).  

I very much agree. A fourth or fifth starter for some early innings and if that person goes down in June then we bring up kopech or crochet. I think that will and should be the last piece. If they want mazzara for 2 million to compete that’s fine otherwise we are done. Not because I want to be done but because Jerry is done and the payroll is done.. for now 

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min