Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

3 minutes ago, quickman said:

I very much agree. A fourth or fifth starter for some early innings and if that person goes down in June then we bring up kopech or crochet. I think that will and should be the last piece. If they want mazzara for 2 million to compete that’s fine otherwise we are done. Not because I want to be done but because Jerry is done and the payroll is done.. for now 

Exactly - as long as they have someone to eat innings...if in June the team is rolling but we recognize we need a more elite arm for the final push...no reason at that point Rick can't go out and make a trade at that point in time to push the club over the top.  No reason the team has to push all their chips in over the off-season vs. letting certain things play out over course of the season.  

Add a solid vet starter who can eat some innings, provide depth and buy time to evaluate internal options (Kopech, Crochet, etc) or determine we have a bigger need and have to leverage some prospects to get another front line arm.  

20 minutes ago, Mbs1969 said:

No 

Never underestimate Tony's influence, or Jerry's desire to bring in legit Hall of Famers, regardless of whether they can still contribute.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

22 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

I assume this to mean it will be Vaughn as soon as the magic date passes.

What a bag... and that comment is meant for Stoney and every FO member who won’t push Jerry to the limit to spend.. Literally same thing every year with this organization, there are players that are right there to help you improve the team’s chances of winning yet they want absolutely no part of them unless they fall into their lap. Cant wait for the chairman to just leave us alone 

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Never underestimate Tony's influence, or Jerry's desire to bring in legit Hall of Famer's, regardless of whether they can still contribute.

Hawk fired Tony 6/20/86

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

So getting the 3rd best starting pitcher available, the best closer in MLB and allowing your absolute stud DH prospect actually play is an underwhelming off-season? Okay cool. Glad that this team will be a 95 win embarrassment.

It’s underwhelming when they could have and should have done a lot more to really accelerate this thing especially if all it costs is money.

Edited by Rey21
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rey21 said:

It’s underwhelming when they could have and should have done a lot more to really accelerate this thing especially if all it costs is money.

Yep just stopping after Hendriks is frustrating. If you told me they would spend 30 million this offseason, I wouldn’t have suggested the path they took.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

So getting the 3rd best starting pitcher available, the best closer in MLB and allowing your absolute stud DH prospect actually play is an underwhelming off-season? Okay cool. Glad that this team will be a 95 win embarrassment.

...and yet they currently have a lower payroll than last year if it would have been a full season. Stop defending a billionaire.

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

How is not an underwhelming offseason?  I’m definitely happy with those two moves, but we still have a below average payroll while rocking a reclamation project in RF, a kid with 245 minor league plate appearances at DH, and a ton of uncertainty at the back of our rotation.  That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be a good team next year, it’s just frustrating we aren’t going all out during the first year of our competitive window.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yep just stopping after Hendriks is frustrating. If you told me they would spend 30 million this offseason, I wouldn’t have suggested the path they took.

Hendriks, if you are reading this, I really hope they didn’t promise you they’d add more after you. 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

How is not an underwhelming offseason?  I’m definitely happy with those two moves, but we still have a below average payroll while rocking a reclamation project in RF, a kid with 245 minor league plate appearances at DH, and a ton of uncertainty at the back of rotations.  That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be a good team next year, it’s just frustrating we aren’t going out during the first year of our competitive window.

Don’t forget the asinine decision to put Crochet in the bullpen 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Don’t forget the asinine decision to put Crochet in the bullpen 

Yup, classic White Sox half assing it.  At least we have a ton of talent and should still be really good, but the window is definitely going to be shortened when they decide to make Crochet a reliever full time and when they have to trade to fill holes at the deadline.

The crow to be had here when moncada is another 5+ war player, Vaughn is the real deal and madrigal wins a batting title is going to be so delicious. Should they have signed Bauer...yep. but this idea that one free agent was going to tip the scales from the best team in the division is really getting tiresome. I've never seen a more pessimistic group of fans in my life. Why do you torture yourself?

Edited by EloyJenkins

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

The crow to be had here when moncada is another 5+ war player, Vaughn is the real deal and madrigal wins a batting title is going to be so delicious. Should they have signed Bauer...yep. but this idea that one free agent was going to tip the scales from the best team in the division is really getting tiresome. I've never seen a more pessimistic group of fans in my life. Why do you torture yourself?

You know what this guy is right, let’s all cancel our SoxTalk accounts and forget the time and money spent on this team, who cares if they get better or not, Go Sox! 

2 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

You know what this guy is right, let’s all cancel our SoxTalk accounts and forget the time and money spent on this team, who cares if they get better or not, Go Sox! 

Deflection. Is this team not the best in the central? Are they world series competitors with only the yankees and blue jays as legitimate threats? JR was never spending 60 mil this off-season. And anyone who thinks they are not better is just silly.

Edited by EloyJenkins

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

Deflection. Is this team not the best in the central? Are they world series competitors with only the yankees and blue jays as legitimate threats? JR was never spending 60 mil this off-season. And anyone who thinks they are not better is just silly.

Man, I don’t know. Simmons is a nice pickup and fortifies the Twins defense. They at least made up some group that they lost to the Sox today. 

• Like 1

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min