Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Not going to experiment in a must-compete year.   Just don’t see them trusting him or Collins.

If we are to believe that there is a hard spending freeze above a certain limit...I can see Collins, Yermin, and Vaughn being used to free up as much money as possible for the one glaring need...PITCHING.

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

If we are to believe that there is a hard spending freeze above a certain limit...I can see Collins, Yermin, and Vaughn being used to free up as much money as possible for the one glaring need...PITCHING.

Yeah I'm at the point where I offer Tanka 1 year/$15 mill with an option and buyout. He's likely going back to Japan at this point but he seems to be holding out until the last possible minute.

Edited by manbearpuig

3 minutes ago, poppysox said:

The problem is we aren't spending on pitching either. 

• Love 1

Just now, manbearpuig said:

Yeah I'm at the point where I offer Tanka 1 year/$15 mill with an option and buyout. He's likely going back to Japan at this point but he seems to be holding out until the last possible minute.

Doesn't seem to me that he wants to go back to Japan.  Just another negotiating ploy to show he has options.  I bet your 1 year/$15 mill would get it done.

36 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Nah, they’ll just go with rotating DH with Profar getting 50% of the at-bats along with Nola/Caratini and rotating the other regulars through except for Tatis and Grisham.

Yeah, perhaps not.  I thought I had read about mutual interest a few weeks back but looked again and it was just an opinion that they should.   It will be interesting to see just how many NL teams will show it if NL DH happens.  Maybe not that many, given NL contender spending already high.     

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

🤔...definitely seems like agents baiting the Twins front office here.

Also, that’s the exact lineup I posted when this rumor first appeared.  In the tiny chance we get him, is that pretty much the consensus on what the lineup should look like?

WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO ME HECTOR

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Also, that’s the exact lineup I posted when this rumor first appeared.  In the tiny chance we get him, is that pretty much the consensus on what the lineup should look like?

Please don't do this to us. It is clear Hector is being used to get our front office to sniff around. 

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That looks right to me.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Steve Stone said it ain't happening, and Heyman is saying Twins are our main competitors. He is going back to Minny. 

Twins should be heavy favorites to land Cruz, and they may have to go 2 years to get it done. They have more payroll flexibility remaining right now than the Sox, I’d estimate about $25 million. 

3 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

DH forward plan makes sense in 2 ways...

1. Go with Vaughn and he mashes (Yermin can start season if they want to tweak service time)

2. Sign Cruz for 2 years, Trade Vaughn for Burnes/#2, and Eloy becomes DH year 3 when Coespedes is hopefully LF starter and Colas or new FA is RF. 

I honestly prefer option 2 but I'm warming up to the possibility of option 1, but either way we still need to add an SP.

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min