Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

5 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Am I the only one that doesn't really want Cruz on this team? Yes, he's been ridiculous and very good (especially against the Sox), but he's 40 years old. At some point he's not going to be able to keep this up, right? It would be so White Sox to bring him him only to see him completely fall off a cliff in production. I wouldn't HATE if they got him for the DH, and on paper this looks great in the lineup, but man, this feels so EE all over again.

There just isn't a lot of downside with the move. The only issue I could possibly see if Cruz is Edwin levels of bad.......TLR continues to play the veteran over someone like Vaughn who is "ready" but even that is sort of stretch. Cruz isn't getting more than a one year deal so there is very little risk involved. 

I personally don't think they sign Nelson Cruz, and I'd much rather them sign another SP, but I'd be all for it if it happened. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Am I the only one that doesn't really want Cruz on this team? Yes, he's been ridiculous and very good (especially against the Sox), but he's 40 years old. At some point he's not going to be able to keep this up, right? It would be so White Sox to bring him him only to see him completely fall off a cliff in production. I wouldn't HATE if they got him for the DH, and on paper this looks great in the lineup, but man, this feels so EE all over again.

EE part deux?

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Oh fuck that works for me!

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Moncada, 3B#
  3. Abreu, 1B
  4. Cruz, DH
  5. Jimenez, LF
  6. Grandal, C#
  7. Robert, CF
  8. Eaton, RF*
  9. Madrigal, 2B

That's an absolute meat grinder and the best lineup in the American League

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, black jack said:

My thoughts exactly.  He can't kill Sox pitching from our dugout.  If he fall off a cliff, then at least he kept Vaughn down for a month or two. 

He's gonna cost at least $10 million.  You don't make a move like this for the Jeff Blauser factor or because he's a good clubhouse guy.  He better hit. 

Just now, fathom said:

Ozuna makes no sense to be honest assuming he gets multiple year.  Also is there where I throw out the crazy idea of Cruz at DH and then trading Vaughn and more for Woodruff?

Ozuna dh and then trade vaughn

ozuna is a monster hitter going to be great for years

cruz has to face time at some point... a gamble

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min