Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

Just now, Sleepy Harold said:

How people STILL choose to ignore this blows my mind. 

The only thing that made him look bad IMO was the Ozuna flight to Chicago stuff last year, but he was being used.  That kind of stuff happens.  Hector clearly hobknobs with these guys in the offseason and knows some things 

29 minutes ago, Rounding_Third said:

Yep, he definitely meets the criteria I asked.  However, there were some circumstances that moved him up so quickly.  He did spend 122 games in MiLB where he cranked it at a .362 clip.  He was progressing normally from A to A+ to AA when an injury to Howie Kendrick and a thin Nats OF forced his call up from AA ball.  Had that not occurred, its very likely he would have met the 150 game criteria and also a full season.  If Vaughn hits .350+ over 120+ MiLB games he'd be that much closer than he is now.       

Again, we can't just pretend he sat in a cave last year.  He was still going up against superior competition to what he would have seen on a daily basis.  Do you think the last starter in a typical A+ team is going to give him more than the Sox top prospects are?  That a AAA journey man reliever is going to show him more than a Garrett Crochet did?  All of the chatter out of that camp was how these kids saw better competition in the camp than they would have by far in their regular MiLB work.  You can't just handwave that way because there were no stats kept.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

The only thing that made him look bad IMO was the Ozuna flight to Chicago stuff last year, but he was being used.  That kind of stuff happens.  Hector clearly hobknobs with these guys in the offseason and knows some things 

Exactly, if you're going to give him shit, that's the thing to do it about, not the Machado stuff. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Do you pro cruz guys realize eloy is going to break his body playing left field?? Eloy is our dh. Dont need two of them

Eloy has decent speed. However he doesn't get very good jumps. I'm sure the Sox have been working on that but so far results aren't good. 1st step has to improve and one more thing . I don't know how good his hip mobility is. I get the impression it isn't that good because he doesn't pull the ball very much when he hits. That doesn't mean he's a bad hitter obviously because some guys fly open with that front side hip and that can make you look terrible. But when you do pull the ball you open up your front hip a little and your back hip fires to the ball. Eloy has very little back hip movement . He hits his longest HR's to CF because he is a big strong guy and the weight transference from back foot to front foot is easiest when other body movement is minimal. People sometimes describe Eloy as an uncoordinated dork . Obviously his hand eye coordination is great but having strong loose hips is key in coordination.

On defense that 1st step is key which has a lot to do with turning your body quickly and efficiently which is dependent on being in ready position , an efficient 1st step which relies on technique and opening your hips quickly. I think he needs core work specifically focused on hip flexibility otherwise down the road I fear he will have back problems.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Maybe Cruz just doesn't want to wait around anymore for the MLB to decide.  The theoretical date for Spring Training is getting close, he probably wants to know where he is playing right now 

Sox have been talking to Cruz since early December .

• Love 1
  • Fire 6

17 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

What he said was right, the Sox had made the biggest offer.  He didn't know Padres were going to come in and top it

The other thing of note here is that he owned it. He didn't delete tweets. He didn't create a new account.  This guy has some integrity, unlike most of the people who do this for attention and then try to cover their tracks when wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Screen-Shot-2019-02-07-at-9.46.20-AM.png

I think Hector has solid connections.  But there is some issues with some of the stuff he adds to it with his tweets.  More of playing on emotion than facts   Look Manny has a whitesox hat in this video, thats a sign.    A tweet with "this will come true"  in a response to a whitesox need to agree to terms with Manny Machado, is a bit different than saying the sox have the high offer right now things look good.  His numbers were correct.  I will give him that.  

Hey I would love to have Cruz as our DH.  I hope this is true.   

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

Minor leagues 2021 Team Vaughn

To start the season, yes. I don’t want Vaughn blocked the whole season...unless they trade him for a really good pitcher. 
Don’t want Cruz. Never like the Sox taking on cheaters after they’ve been suspended for PEDs as major leaguers. But what’s one more, right?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

I have a feeling Hector is someone the agents use to help drive up the bidding for premier free agents, but they also throw him a bone once in a while, like extensions and stuff.

Yep but this is one he said he’s specifically aware of, so it would be quite the miss on his end.

11 minutes ago, flavum said:

To start the season, yes. I don’t want Vaughn blocked the whole season...unless they trade him for a really good pitcher. 
Don’t want Cruz. Never like the Sox taking on cheaters after they’ve been suspended for PEDs as major leaguers. But what’s one more, right?

If we get a Nelson Cruz you achieve two things. 

#1, you hit the Twins batting order in the nuts

#2, you hugely upgrade the DH position and its output.  Once Vaughn clears service time considerations, he can find a place playing a few days a week off of the bench at DH/1B and he is also around in case of an injury

#3, Sure I don't want a known cheater on the team, but with the guys we have already added this year, they obviously don't really care about character, so there is that.

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Again, we can't just pretend he sat in a cave last year.  He was still going up against superior competition to what he would have seen on a daily basis.  Do you think the last starter in a typical A+ team is going to give him more than the Sox top prospects are?  That a AAA journey man reliever is going to show him more than a Garrett Crochet did?  All of the chatter out of that camp was how these kids saw better competition in the camp than they would have by far in their regular MiLB work.  You can't just handwave that way because there were no stats kept.

Stop with the Sox Schaumburg camp!  

39 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

There's also the chance he's being used here too. There's probably some truth to us kicking the tires, however it kind of reminds me of what i think is going on in the JT Realmuto situation. I doubt the Braves are actually serious about him. They probably have a ceiling, but why not get involved if you know your division rival wants that person back? so you get in there, start floating to media you're in there, they start writing stories and then you're the phillies or twins going, oh shit, i don't want cruz or realmuto going to our direct competitor! So maybe you come off your 1yr/10mm offer to Cruz and add an option for year two with a $3mm buyout or something. The sox were never going above 1yr and 8mm, but twins don't know that... I feel like that's whats going on with realmuto too ... like phillies were at 5/105 or something and braves were never going above 5/100 but might as well make it seem like that for all parties involved .... Reamulto (sorry i know i'm spelling it wrong) ... his agent ... your relationship with his agent to get more money, the media to be able to write stories, etc. etc. plus then the Phillies now drop an extra $10mm for a guy they were going to sign all along ... 

Just my guess though. I think Cruz is back with Twins and you see a second year option w a nice buyout attached. Or maybe really incentive driven too.

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min