Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

Just now, BrianAnderson said:

There's also the chance he's being used here too. There's probably some truth to us kicking the tires, however it kind of reminds me of what i think is going on in the JT Realmuto situation. I doubt the Braves are actually serious about him. They probably have a ceiling, but why not get involved if you know your division rival wants that person back? so you get in there, start floating to media you're in there, they start writing stories and then you're the phillies or twins going, oh shit, i don't want cruz or realmuto going to our direct competitor! So maybe you come off your 1yr/10mm offer to Cruz and add an option for year two with a $3mm buyout or something. The sox were never going above 1yr and 8mm, but twins don't know that... I feel like that's whats going on with realmuto too ... like phillies were at 5/105 or something and braves were never going above 5/100 but might as well make it seem like that for all parties involved .... Reamulto (sorry i know i'm spelling it wrong) ... his agent ... your relationship with his agent to get more money, the media to be able to write stories, etc. etc. plus then the Phillies now drop an extra $10mm for a guy they were going to sign all along ... 

Just my guess though. I think Cruz is back with Twins and you see a second year option w a nice buyout attached. Or maybe really incentive driven too.

I didn't expect my theory to be proven right while writing my theory ... a lot happens in 9 minutes haha. 

36 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Screen-Shot-2019-02-07-at-9.46.20-AM.png

I think Hector has solid connections.  But there is some issues with some of the stuff he adds to it with his tweets.  More of playing on emotion than facts   Look Manny has a whitesox hat in this video, thats a sign.    A tweet with "this will come true"  in a response to a whitesox need to agree to terms with Manny Machado, is a bit different than saying the sox have the high offer right now things look good.  His numbers were correct.  I will give him that.  

Hey I would love to have Cruz as our DH.  I hope this is true.   

No doubt he has made some mistakes fueled by excitement.  And like I said before, I can tell he gets used in negotiations as well

Just now, hi8is said:

He’s just repeating the Heyman tweet in Spanish.

Here's what I don't understand about Hector. Why does he constantly share other reporters' tweets? If he is an insider himself, which he appears to be based on his relationships, why does he regurgitate other guys' info?  Shouldn't he be trusting his own relationships and own info instead of reporting what Heyman is saying about the Cruz/Twins negotiations?

Just now, KrankinSox said:

Here's what I don't understand about Hector. Why does he constantly share other reporters' tweets? If he is an insider himself, which he appears to be based on his relationships, why does he regurgitate other guys' info?  Shouldn't he be trusting his own relationships and own info instead of reporting what Heyman is saying about the Cruz/Twins negotiations?

Isn't that common of all of the baseball reporters?  Don't Rosenthal, Heyman, Morosi all do the same thing?

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

No doubt he has made some mistakes fueled by excitement.  And like I said before, I can tell he gets used in negotiations as well

He gets inside information and for that privilege he does some light twitter speculation on behalf of the player/agent.    Like Bob Nightengale is the un-offical spokesperson for JR.    

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

He gets inside information and for that privilege he does some light twitter speculation on behalf of the player/agent.    Like Bob Nightengale is the un-offical spokesperson for JR.    

And then when he signs with Twins, he will say they raised their offer and at the time of his coming soon post, the Sox had highest offer.

Edited by fathom

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Isn't that common of all of the baseball reporters?  Don't Rosenthal, Heyman, Morosi all do the same thing?

Maybe to a certain extent but it seems like Hector shares these things as if he's reading them on twitter and then sharing them as fact. Shouldn't a reporter verify this stuff if he has sources. Shouldn't Hector see the Heyman tweet, text Cruz to confirm, and then confirm that he is hearing the same from his sources?

It just feels like Hector does get good info but also is a little bit reckless when it comes to the journalistic side of things. 

8 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Are you familiar with Twitter clout?  That's the entire point of the thing.

3 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Maybe to a certain extent but it seems like Hector shares these things as if he's reading them on twitter and then sharing them as fact. Shouldn't a reporter verify this stuff if he has sources. Shouldn't Hector see the Heyman tweet, text Cruz to confirm, and then confirm that he is hearing the same from his sources?

It just feels like Hector does get good info but also is a little bit reckless when it comes to the journalistic side of things. 

Hector retweets anything relating to players from the region 

Hector probably has some inside info, but like the fast food guys, it is limited and when you are being hounded 24 hours a day on twitter, some crave the attention and expand with their limited info. I think he does the same. While he probably does have access to certain information, he wants to give the illusion he actually has more than he really does.

I think some posters on this board think some of these people like Hector as littlefinger, plotting every move and just giving us one more crumb to figure out the puzzle when really their just smashin that retweet when it feels good.

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min