Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think some posters on this board think some of these people like Hector as littlefinger, plotting every move and just giving us one more crumb to figure out the puzzle when really their just smashin that retweet when it feels good.

Yea it's twitter. Anyone who puts their faith in these guys and who get's disappointed when things don't come true is gullible as heck or doesn't understand how much people want to feel relevant or the nature of Twitter and how it relates to that need.

Treat it as entertainment and nothing else. I don't care who they are or who their sources are and try to analyze why they do what they do. Rumors are fun to talk about . I have no desire to attempt to explain the origin or reason for said rumors.

1 hour ago, flavum said:

To start the season, yes. I don’t want Vaughn blocked the whole season...unless they trade him for a really good pitcher. 
Don’t want Cruz. Never like the Sox taking on cheaters after they’ve been suspended for PEDs as major leaguers. But what’s one more, right?

It's irritating enough that people insist on this narrative but even if he was ready,  why would it hurt him to mash AAA for a little while? 

One year (when the guy hasn't even met AA ball yet) isn't a "block" at all.

And even if he kills it in AA, people apparently forget that MLB players are better than minor league players. If be struggles in AA or AAA then he won't be here. And that is highly possible. A sure thing is needed for DH, especially if the Sox don’t add a major starter.

Panic over one (yet to be proven) year is utterly ridiculous. 

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

It's irritating enough that people insist on this narrative but even if he was ready,  why would it hurt him to mash AAA for a little while? 

One year (when the guy hasn't even met AA ball yet) isn't a "block" at all.

And even if he kills it in AA, people apparently forget that MLB players are better than minor league players. 

Panic over one (yet to be proven) year is utterly ridiculous. 

He will be there for at least a little bit unless he signs an extension.  The fact the Sox are looking at Nelson Cruz could also mean that any Vaughn extension talks haven't gone well, so they aren't in a hurry to get him here.

There would also be a role for Vaughn on this team even if the Sox sign Cruz for a year, especially if they can figure out a way to get him into the corner OF even in a minimal amount.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He will be there for at least a little bit unless he signs an extension.  The fact the Sox are looking at Nelson Cruz could also mean that any Vaughn extension talks haven't gone well, so they aren't in a hurry to get him here.

There would also be a role for Vaughn on this team even if the Sox sign Cruz for a year, especially if they can figure out a way to get him into the corner OF even in a minimal amount.

People also act like there won’t be any injuries all season. The more quality players, the better.  I just don’t want to see a lineup with Leury, Eaton, Engel and Madrigal in it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turnin' two said:

You keep saying this, but there has been no indication at all that this is part of the plan.  As much as you wish it to be so... 

It's not that I 'wish' it so... it's what it is. 

I'd much rather have Eloy play LF and have faith in it. 

Defensively, he's awful. I don't even really care about that. I care about keeping him healthy. 

I find it very surprising that so many are willing (and seemingly happy) to trot Eloy out in LF the way he injures himself out there. 

3 hours ago, Wisebri224 said:

If Eloy is our DH do we trade Vaughn?  Abreu is here for 2 more years and he's going to be 36 when his contract ends.  We know how Jerry loves his guys...Abreu will be here as long as he wants, so are you saying we have 3 guys for two spots?  If so, what do we do?  Not being a smart aleck, just trying to figure out best end game.

I would 100%.

I am totally behind trading Vaughn now. His value is as high as its going to get IMO. We have Eloy at DH and Abreu at 1b for 2 years. The way Abreu is going he will be competent at 1b for the next 4 years, maybe more. If not Abreu, it won't be hard to pick up a 1b anyway.

• Haha 1

I think it's safe to assume there's nothing "done" at this point. If it's a matter of just signing some paper work it would have leaked by now. If the Sox are truly this far along with Cruz it's because they have something in place to solve the rotation. The Sox have a habit of doing things half-assed. If you're going for a ring, be aggressive. Spend some money, cash your prospect chips in and go all out. If you're going to move Vaugh or Kopech it shouldn't be to fill a rotation hole. It should be part of an aggressive strategy to add impact players to the current roster. I'm hopeful that's the case here. If we're going to sign Cruz but not addresses the rotation it will again prove they lack a coherent strategy and just makes moves in isolation. 

• Like 1

So I'm catching up with the thread...

...Seems like Hector is a complete BOZO.

Promised that White Sox fans would be happy with good news this week, posts another Tweet leading us on and a few hours later we hear the Twins upping their offer.

This guy sucks. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I would 100%.

I am totally behind trading Vaughn now. His value is as high as its going to get IMO. We have Eloy at DH and Abreu at 1b for 2 years. The way Abreu is going he will be competent at 1b for the next 4 years, maybe more. If not Abreu, it won't be hard to pick up a 1b anyway.

I'm pretty sure his value will be higher 2 years from now when he's one of the best first baseman in the sport 

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, iWiN4PreP said:

So I'm catching up with the thread...

...Seems like Hector is a complete BOZO.

Promised that White Sox fans would be happy with good news this week, posts another Tweet leading us on and a few hours later we hear the Twins upping their offer.

This guy sucks. 

Bozo is such a good insult word.

6 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I'm pretty sure his value will be higher 2 years from now when he's one of the best first baseman in the sport 

Happy to have Vaughn and I would love to see his success, but IMO his best value to the team is being traded for SP now before the potential bust. 

• Haha 1

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min