Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

5 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Little bit of a different tune tonight. Wanting someone to play for a team is a bit different than telling the fanbase to be on the lookout.

Yeah it definitely isn’t him sending pictures of all the stuff he reported that came to pass. lol seems to be cooling down.

This is my first post as a new member of Sox Talk, and I'm going to use it to say (loudly & clearly), I would love nothing more than to see Nelson Cruz in a White Sox uniform this season. It's a perfect match. These opportunities are rare. Get it done, RH!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, ChetLemon77 said:

This is my first post as a new member of Sox Talk, and I'm going to use it to say (loudly & clearly), I would love nothing more than to see Nelson Cruz in a White Sox uniform this season. It's a perfect match. These opportunities are rare. Get it done, RH!

Great first post and agreed!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChetLemon77 said:

Welcome to Soxtalk!
( ps. awesome username. )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

Welcome to Soxtalk!
( ps. awesome username. )

Thank you...glad to be here. I learned about Sox Talk last weekend listening to an interview with Liam Hendricks. He admitted to following Sox Talk before his signing. Thought that was classic!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 2

3 minutes ago, ChetLemon77 said:

Thank you...glad to be here. I learned about Sox Talk last weekend listening to an interview with Liam Hendricks. He admitted to following Sox Talk before his signing. Thought that was classic!

Imagine being here when the Sox won the World Series in 2005 !! That was the best !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Welp no Cruz then. Have a strong belief Sox are trying to drive his price up to hurt the Twins.

I don't like that strategy if it's true. The Sox need to be worried about their own team more than the Twins. Do what's necessary to ,make yourself better . That's the only way to beat the top teams and win a World Series . Put the pedal to the metal and leave them in the dust. We shouldn't be jockeying for position with the Twins.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I don't like that strategy if it's true. The Sox need to be worried about their own team more than the Twins. Do what's necessary to ,make yourself better . That's the only way to beat the top teams and win a World Series . Put the pedal to the metal and leave them in the dust. We shouldn't be jockeying for position with the Twins.

Yes we absolutely should, especially if the Sox are remotely serious about Cruz. You make the Twins pay a few million more to keep him and that is a win in my book as they also do not have unlimited money.

If there are a bunch of teams all hoping for an influx of income from paying customers I don't like that strategy either. Strike now while the iron is hot. If fans are allowed in the trade deadline might get pushed back a little. Then there will be a mad scramble for talent available driving up the prices. It will be a sellers market. Now it's a buyer market.

2 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Yes we absolutely should, especially if the Sox are remotely serious about Cruz. You make the Twins pay a few million more to keep him and that is a win in my book as they also do not have unlimited money.

I don't think its a win when your competition gets Nelson Cruz. It's a win if the Sox get him.

• Thanks 1

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min