Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

23 minutes ago, elwood5892 said:

I believe Nightengale is on the Score right now. Said that the Sox are tapped out and won’t be getting Cruz. Said he expects him to return to Minnesota 

"Tapped out" after a LOWER payroll than last year after apparently making record profits and basically only making 1 relatively large monetary addition (which frankly wasn't actually a need) and spending money on Eaton and Lopez.

This franchise is a joke.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

"Tapped out" after a LOWER payroll than last year after apparently making record profits and basically only making 1 relatively large monetary addition (which frankly wasn't actually a need) and spending money on Eaton and Lopez.

This franchise is a joke.

But hey, they have “edge” now

18 minutes ago, fathom said:

Twins thought they had enough offense going into 2020 and some regression and injuries happened and bang, their offense struggled and they couldn’t score in the postseason.  If they start the season with Leury in the lineup and Lopez as 5th starter, then they failed this offseason.

100% agree.

2 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

I wish Bob would just stop tweeting about the Sox. I feel much better when I don't have to see him justifying the "now we broke" narrative.

And acting like $54M over four years is this massive number is beyond laughable.  I’m fucking appalled at guys like Nightengale & Sullivan carrying the water for this cheap fuck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 2

17 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

Leury Garcia, Reynaldo Lopez and Adam Eaton for 13.5 million seems like a poor allocation of resources if that is the case.

That is an excellent allocation of resources.  

Sign another corner OF, sign a legitimate SP who is actually good now like as in this day and age, sign a quality bat (maybe same as corner OF) and that's a team that is still deep but also allows key prospects an open door.

There's no excuse for the dorf having the kind of offseason he's had after pocketing so much money for so long, running out shit on the field.  People will defend him (not so much here anymore thankfully, but certainly in the media) but he deserves total blame for this shit offseason.

It's easy as pie to fill in the blanks for the 2021-22 Sox.  All of the heavy lifting has been done.  All they need to do is patch a few holes with short-term solutions, and they can't even do that.

Fuck you reinsdorf.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And acting like $54M over four years is this massive number is beyond laughable.  I’m fucking appalled at guys like Nightengale & Sullivan carrying the water for this cheap fuck.

The only explanation for why they dish out that kind of money for top closers as opposed to a top starter or position player: pay for a star but not hand out a 9-figure deal.

• Like 1

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min