Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

The AL Central sucks.   Cleveland and Minnesota fans absolutely detest their owners...Indians’ fans have now gone through four rebuilds since the late 90s.  Minnesota can’t even win a single playoff game, but no spending other than an aging Donaldson.

The Ilitch kids in Detroit are the polar opposites of their dad in terms of doing whatever it takes to field a World Series contender.

The Royals were villains with penny pinching David Glass of Wal-Mart fame but at least have John Sherman now. They’re the only team with fans currently at least neutral.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Oh, and fck NotCishek, PortillosBlows, and AlsBeefsShouldNotHaveCheese for all their stupid tweets which were obviously made up - not breaking news - and their constant "the sox are in on everyone" when the Sox literally didn't even talk about these players internally.

Now EOM.

What is EOM?

All we hear are excuses after excuses on why they can’t afford premium players and now they can’t even acquire depth to finish the team. The Sox have thrown out crappy teams on the field during the rebuilding years and obviously saved a boatload of money to invest in these types of players but they are still coming up with excuses on why they can’t afford these types of players. The team needs to be sold to someone who actually cares about investing in players that will put this team over the top. Enough of the excuses already! 

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Love 1

I thought somebody wrote an article about this very subject of who's in charge or what happens to the whitesox when Jerry steps down, leaves, or passes. If I remember correctly They're not really sure what would happen. If there would be a new chairman of the board - from someone already serving on the board? Or a new invester buying in? I guess it's a complicated structure that has been kept from the public eyes.

Edit: I guess he strongly urges to sell the team in his will. According to the Chicago Tribune article. Although in that same article one of his sons wasn't sure if he would sell

Edited by smellysox

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Twins thought they had enough offense going into 2020 and some regression and injuries happened and bang, their offense struggled and they couldn’t score in the postseason.  If they start the season with Leury in the lineup and Lopez as 5th starter, then they failed this offseason.

It's really weird. Seems like just yesterday I got lambasted for being "too negative."

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

It's really weird. Seems like just yesterday I got lambasted for being "too negative."

This you?

On 12/6/2020 at 1:18 PM, RagahRagah said:

I don't expect it to, but I'm open to the possibility. You make a false claim that a high contract will never be paid here to try to make yourself right when you aren't. Highly unlikely doesn't mean it can't happen, and until it does or doesn't you need to stop being such a dick.

I'm not really getting personal. You don't listen and you're being an asshole. That's just a fact. I don't have a problem with you thinking the Sox won't sign a big one because that's what I myself have been pushing hard lately. But I'm not trying to claim it can never happen or acting like a dick to people for holding out hope. Sorry you can't see the difference.

On 12/6/2020 at 1:10 PM, RagahRagah said:

You keep making these absurd assumptions that I keep invalidating and yet you continue to make them. But I'm going to be smart and wait until it doesn't happen rather than make assumptions and lose some of my dignity. I can see why your rep is what it is now.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

4 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

Jerry’s shareholders must’ve gotten f**ked by the whole GME thing, only logical explanation right

Check Melvin Capital’s board of directors....the last one I can remember like this was Long Term Capital Management Group with their Nobel Prize winners in Economics getting crushed, but then bailed out.

https://www.amazon.com/When-Genius-Failed-Long-Term-Management/dp/0375758259

29 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

This you?

Yep. Relevance? Cruz wouldn't be a high contract. Wheeler would have been. Either way, if what he is saying is true, then it *didn't happen* and then it's OK to be upset. In that case... you waited. 

There was absolutely nothing wrong with what I said. 

Also, based on that quote of me, the assertion I am indeed would be pretty much invalidated. Lose-lose for you here, buddy. 😉

Edited by RagahRagah

6 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

I have been one of the more complimentary fans on their off-season. If it truly is over without a trade, Cruz signing or SP addition...Fuck Jerry Reinsdorf and i may even be fine with Fuck Hahn and Kenny too for backing down. 

I am torn on that. I figure someone else has to take some responsibility but if it's all JR's call then there is really nothing anyone can do.

52 minutes ago, smellysox said:

I thought somebody wrote an article about this very subject of who's in charge or what happens to the whitesox when Jerry steps down, leaves, or passes. If I remember correctly They're not really sure what would happen. If there would be a new chairman of the board - from someone already serving on the board? Or a new invester buying in? I guess it's a complicated structure that has been kept from the public eyes.

Edit: I guess he strongly urges to sell the team in his will. According to the Chicago Tribune article. Although in that same article one of his sons wasn't sure if he would sell

The equivalent is if Kim Jong-un dies, nobody knows what the fuck will happen in North Korea with no heir. Sure it's possible things get worse, but not likely. I'm hoping for a Theo led investor group and nuke the entire front office, and Stone/Ozzie.

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

Stoney also saying Sox don’t have plans to add another starter at this time 

https://mobile.twitter.com/stevestone/status/1354618809194188801

Stone is the absolute worst. I can't wait for new ownership to sweep his tired 200 year old ass out the door the minute they take over.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm just here to say:

Fck this team.

Fck Jerry Reinsdorf.

Fck Kenny Williams and "the money will be spent."

Fck Rick Hahn and the "We're saving our money so we can be aggressive when the window opens."

Fck Bob Nightengale and the "Sox spent 54 million on Hendriks in 2021" when they spent 11 million because 13 million was too steep for their budget this year.

Fck trading for one year of Lance Lynn and proclaiming you were "all-in" while running a payroll lower than last year.

Fck Adam Eaton and his stupid face that I have to look at because the Sox are so cheap.

Fck the Sox fans who have laughed the Blue Jays for "overpaying" because they actually want to win and supplement their young core and try to win a championship.

Fck the Sox who likely gave Tony LaRussa 20-30% of the salary that they gave their highest paid off-season acquisition despite him being a bumbling, fumbling, stupid drunk.

Fck this off-season that I saw coming from a mile away.

And thank god I cancelled my season tickets when they signed LaRussa because this team doesn't deserve a single dollar of my money while they spit in fans faces for 5 years telling them when the time came, the pocket book would be open.

Oh, and fck their fake pursuit of Machado which couldn't be anymore obvious now that 11 million dollars has destroyed their budget.

EOM

Welcome back Ray.

I rather have given Drake LaRoche $8M than a penny to Adam Eaton. Dear Leader, post has gone full circle.

ct-athletes-tweet-support-adam-laroche-d

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm just here to say:

Fck this team.

Fck Jerry Reinsdorf.

Fck Kenny Williams and "the money will be spent."

Fck Rick Hahn and the "We're saving our money so we can be aggressive when the window opens."

Fck Bob Nightengale and the "Sox spent 54 million on Hendriks in 2021" when they spent 11 million because 13 million was too steep for their budget this year.

Fck trading for one year of Lance Lynn and proclaiming you were "all-in" while running a payroll lower than last year.

Fck Adam Eaton and his stupid face that I have to look at because the Sox are so cheap.

Fck the Sox fans who have laughed the Blue Jays for "overpaying" because they actually want to win and supplement their young core and try to win a championship.

Fck the Sox who likely gave Tony LaRussa 20-30% of the salary that they gave their highest paid off-season acquisition despite him being a bumbling, fumbling, stupid drunk.

Fck this off-season that I saw coming from a mile away.

And thank god I cancelled my season tickets when they signed LaRussa because this team doesn't deserve a single dollar of my money while they spit in fans faces for 5 years telling them when the time came, the pocket book would be open.

Oh, and fck their fake pursuit of Machado which couldn't be anymore obvious now that 11 million dollars has destroyed their budget.

EOM

If this offseason ends as is I think this post should be framed.

8 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Yep. Relevance? Cruz wouldn't be a high contract. Wheeler would have been. Either way, if what he is saying is true, then it *didn't happen* and then it's OK to be upset. In that case... you waited. 

There was absolutely nothing wrong with what I said. 

Also, based on that quote of me, the assertion I am indeed would be pretty much invalidated. Lose-lose for you here, buddy. 😉

Lol wut? I made some posts about how the Sox had no shot in signing Bauer because they refuse to spend at that level and you called me a negative dickhead and said I couldn't proclaim something until it didn't happen. Bauer sign somewhere and I missed it? or you're just being a negative poster before something has happened like you called me an "asshole" for. I guess only you can be negative before shit happens.

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The equivalent is if Kim Jong-un dies, nobody knows what the fuck will happen in North Korea with no heir. Sure it's possible things get worse, but not likely. I'm hoping for a Theo led investor group and nuke the entire front office, and Stone/Ozzie.

Stone is the absolute worst. I can't wait for new ownership to sweep his tired 200 year old ass out the door the minute they take over.

Welcome back Ray.

I rather have given Drake LaRoche $8M than a penny to Adam Eaton. Dear Leader, post has gone full circle.

ct-athletes-tweet-support-adam-laroche-d

Thanks man. I will love this post, for your records. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol wut? I made some posts about how the Sox had no shot in signing Bauer because they refuse to spend at that level and you called me a negative dickhead and said I couldn't proclaim something until it didn't happen. Bauer sign somewhere and I missed it? or you're just being a negative poster before something has happened like you called me an "asshole" for. I guess only you can be negative before shit happens.

If I said that, I was likely wrong and I apologize. And that should be good enough. Obviously my tune has changed.

As far as you being a dick, I'd have to see those posts again. If you were as heinous as I had indicated then that's a separate issue. 

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min