Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

10 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

I am torn on that. I figure someone else has to take some responsibility but if it's all JR's call then there is really nothing anyone can do.

Don't get me wrong...I definitely want a SP addition before April. However,assuming there's no major regression in Lopez (hopefully, maybe even some progress gained with Katz), is starting the year with him in the 5th slot the worst thing?  Granted, I'd rather push my luck with another option, but because JR isn't seemingly willing to do what seems obvious, I think we could be a lot more worse off, even for a true contender. I was mildly impressed with his 2020 return from injury. Mildly.

35 minutes ago, fathom said:

Stoney also saying Sox don’t have plans to add another starter at this time 

https://mobile.twitter.com/stevestone/status/1354618809194188801

So some fun facts about our rotation now that it’s final per Stone:

• Cease will be our #4 starter and is coming off a 6.36 FIP season where he ranked in the bottom 5th percentile for xwOBA
  • Lopez will be our #5 starter to open the season and is coming off a 7.63 FIP year where he ranked in the bottom 13th percentile for xwOBA
  • Kopech will be our #6 starter and has not pitched in a professional game in 875 days and will be on a strict innings limit
  • Stiever will be our #7 starter and has a total of 6.1 innings above A+ in which he put up a 12.35 FIP while showing underwhelming stuff

What could go wrong here?

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ChetLemon77 said:

Don't get me wrong...I definitely want a SP addition before April. However,assuming there's no major regression in Lopez (hopefully, maybe even some progress gained with Katz), is starting the year with him in the 5th slot the worst thing?  Granted, I'd rather push my luck with another option, but because JR isn't seemingly willing to do what seems obvious, I think we could be a lot more worse off, even for a true contender. I was mildly impressed with his 2020 return from injury. Mildly.

Do you realize how bad Lopez was last year?

3 minutes ago, ChetLemon77 said:

Regression? What???

Lopez was absolutely awful last year. Us being stuck with him in the rotation would be awful as-is. If he regresses further? LOL God help us all.

Edited by RagahRagah

5 minutes ago, ChetLemon77 said:

Is it possible for Lopez to regress from Schaumburg to Naperville? 

8 minutes ago, ChetLemon77 said:

Yes Lopez is awful

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

So some fun facts about our rotation now that it’s final per Stone:

• Cease will be our #4 starter and is coming off a 6.36 FIP season where he ranked in the bottom 5th percentile for xwOBA
  • Lopez will be our #5 starter to open the season and is coming off a 7.63 FIP year where he ranked in the bottom 13th percentile for xwOBA
  • Kopech will be our #6 starter and has not pitched in a professional game in 875 days and will be on a strict innings limit
  • Stiever will be our #7 starter and has a total of 6.1 innings above A+ in which he put up a 12.35 FIP while showing underwhelming stuff

What could go wrong here?

Well at least Lambert seems to be healthy. So does that make him our #8 starter?  Also, Cade McClure is getting some positive talk. Not sure if the sox still have any plans for him as a starter but could be a bullpen piece. 

3 minutes ago, smellysox said:

Well at least Lambert seems to be healthy. So does that make him our #8 starter?  Also, Cade McClure is getting some positive talk. Not sure if the sox still have any plans for him as a starter but could be a bullpen piece. 

I’m not sure they’re going to keep Lambert in a starter’s role.  It’s much more likely Flores is the #8 starter which also isn’t great.  I know McClure looked great at instructs but he’s another guy who will be on a tight innings limit.

On 1/21/2021 at 6:58 PM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Didn't really want to curb your enthusiasm. I'm just an even keel kind of guy. I love the enthusiasm which is why I want this thread to explode with new posts about it. It's not a trade so we wouldn't get the endless stream of who do we trade for him . But if I had to pick between the Burnes stuff and Cruz I'm more likely to believe Cruz is more attainable. I doubt either one happens.

Last sentence.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

25 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

The funny thing is its really not. Its gonna be 3/39 and dissolved cash over 10 years. This is my saddest day as a sox fan in years. I realky thought they would do at least a move or two for depth

Maybe you can relate to what I was saying yesterday then?

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min