Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

*White Sox multiple championships window opens*
2020: Global pandemic, weird shortened season and bounced out in the first round of the playoffs
2021: Front office builds 80% of a roster, miss playoffs
2022: Strike
2023: ???
2024: Profit. AMC and Game Stop finally hit $1000 a share and I buy a 51% ownership stake in the White Sox. 30 consecutive World Series championships.

Edited by TomPickle
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

I don’t believe the Sox were ever interested at all and only speculation was due to Gomez and Chuck Garfien dreaming. 

What about the insiders on the board that said the Sox had been interested? 🤔 maybe there was interest but not as much as Hector led on? Or everyone was wrong, also an option.

Edited by Orlando
  • Like 1

Hector gained a lot of attention when the Sox were pursuing Machado because he did have good information about what the Sox offered.  This year, though, has been rough for him.  He's swung and missed more times than 2011 Adam Dunn.  The Sox may have had an interest in Cruz, but it seems that it either wasn't serious or there wasn't mutual interest.  It seemed logical to most of us that he would end up back with the Twins, and sure enough.

• Like 1

It is sad and weird that agents have to pay or dupe idiots like Hector to pump their player's value.

Other major sports have teams lined up to pay talents like Cruz.  He shouldn't have had to beg to get a one year seemingly market rate contract from a team that he overachieved for the past two seasons. 

Cruz only cost money.  No long term commitment.  Very little risk.  If your team found itself out of the playoff hunt he would have to be VERY bad (EE bad) to not be flippable for no less than the money owed on his deal.  

55 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I wonder if Hector's tweets truly earned Cruz more money from the Twins.

I've mentioned before that agents use Hector to spread info to drive up FA bidding. They do throw him a bone once in a while on extensions or small deals. But the next time he breaks something major, that will be a first.

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min
10 hours ago, TomPickle said:

*White Sox multiple championships window opens*
2020: Global pandemic, weird shortened season and bounced out in the first round of the playoffs
2021: Front office builds 80% of a roster, miss playoffs
2022: Strike
2023: ???
2024: Profit. AMC and Game Stop finally hit $1000 a share and I buy a 51% ownership stake in the White Sox. 30 consecutive World Series championships.

You already 🙏 own 1,125,000 shares?

Edited by caulfield12

On 1/28/2021 at 2:05 PM, RagahRagah said:

This is a problem I have with a lot of Cubs fans. They tell me that we don't pay to see our team play but that they are loyal and go see their team no matter what.

Well then you might be a sucker and you give them no incentive to get better. See the Bears and the McCaskeys.

I don't totally agree. I think there are differences in fan bases which have an impact on attendance. Some teams are driven by success. They draw when winning and don't when losing. Some teams draw regardless.  There are also teams like Tampa Bay that struggle to draw even when winning.  

1 hour ago, GREEDY said:

It is sad and weird that agents have to pay or dupe idiots like Hector to pump their player's value.

Other major sports have teams lined up to pay talents like Cruz.  He shouldn't have had to beg to get a one year seemingly market rate contract from a team that he overachieved for the past two seasons. 

Cruz only cost money.  No long term commitment.  Very little risk.  If your team found itself out of the playoff hunt he would have to be VERY bad (EE bad) to not be flippable for no less than the money owed on his deal.  

So an agent that is willing to use whatever means possible to create a market for his players is weird and sad.  In the 21st century where influencers have become such a part of society, I am only shocked that it isn't something used more and in more creative ways.

50 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

I don't totally agree. I think there are differences in fan bases which have an impact on attendance. Some teams are driven by success. They draw when winning and don't when losing. Some teams draw regardless.  There are also teams like Tampa Bay that struggle to draw even when winning.  

Depends on who owns the team, I suppose. But I think this is evident with the Bears and Bulls.