Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What exactly is Beef suggesting here?

Why squash the rumor? If this is actually true, why do your rival a favor by telling them they aren't bidding against anyone else? Fuck it, let the Twins get scared and improve their offer. Absolutely no motivation for Jerry to tell Bob to do this unless he's really THAT worried about fans being upset if he goes to Minnesota and his ego doesn't want people to think he got outbid.

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Bob stuck up for La Russa. The Sox aren't going to feed him this and then sign Cruz a week later. That is no way to treat a loyal soldier and JR is pretty loyal to his people. Cruz to theSox is dead. 

I’m pretty sure the Sox have fed Nightengale plenty of garbage in the past, but this time it does feel legit.

3 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Why squash the rumor? If this is actually true, why do your rival a favor by telling them they aren't bidding against anyone else? Fuck it, let the Twins get scared and improve their offer. Absolutely no motivation for Jerry to tell Bob to do this unless he's really THAT worried about fans being upset if he goes to Minnesota and his ego doesn't want people to think he got outbid.

Fans are pissed either way. We need to put some more cash on the table to finish off this roster. 

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I guess in his eyes, making the people think you didn't bother bidding over getting outbid is an improvement on his image, maybe?

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m pretty sure the Sox have fed Nightengale plenty of garbage in the past, but this time it does feel legit.

Maybe something that would serve a purpose.  But if they were about to sign Cruz feeding Bob this wouldn't benefit them at all, would make a writer/reporter who has had their back look like a fool. We all have an issue or 2 with JR, but shitting on loyal non fans is something he never does.

6 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

I guess in his eyes, making the people think you didn't bother bidding over getting outbid is an improvement on his image, maybe?

No no no. It’s that Jerry will not let his team be a bidding prop in the media because that raised players salaries. And suppressing salaries is Jerry’s #1 goal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Remember when for no reason at all the Sox fed nightengale to say they specifically NOT going to put a bid on for Harper after losing Machado?

They knew they wouldn’t get him, but this made sure a fellow owner didn’t negotiate against themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

I'm just here to say:

Fck this team.

Fck Jerry Reinsdorf.

Fck Kenny Williams and "the money will be spent."

Fck Rick Hahn and the "We're saving our money so we can be aggressive when the window opens."

Fck Bob Nightengale and the "Sox spent 54 million on Hendriks in 2021" when they spent 11 million because 13 million was too steep for their budget this year.

Fck trading for one year of Lance Lynn and proclaiming you were "all-in" while running a payroll lower than last year.

Fck Adam Eaton and his stupid face that I have to look at because the Sox are so cheap.

Fck the Sox fans who have laughed the Blue Jays for "overpaying" because they actually want to win and supplement their young core and try to win a championship.

Fck the Sox who likely gave Tony LaRussa 20-30% of the salary that they gave their highest paid off-season acquisition despite him being a bumbling, fumbling, stupid drunk.

Fck this off-season that I saw coming from a mile away.

And thank god I cancelled my season tickets when they signed LaRussa because this team doesn't deserve a single dollar of my money while they spit in fans faces for 5 years telling them when the time came, the pocket book would be open.

Oh, and fck their fake pursuit of Machado which couldn't be anymore obvious now that 11 million dollars has destroyed their budget.

EOM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2
  • Fire 5

7 minutes ago, SoxSteve said:

Why do you say fans are pissed? I think that is an exaggeration

Fans who would be pissed if Jerry didn't sqash this rumor will be pissed either way. Fans are also pissed at the penny pinching taking place right now. Maybe not to the point of hating the team, but there is a growing sense of frustration with not signing a few more pieces to put us really over the top, i.e a good/solid starting pitcher. 

1 hour ago, Sox80 said:

He is a joke. It's obvious what he is by now. That's why it's insulting with comments like the money will be spent. If he ends up selling to someone with a lot more money and that someone isn't cheap.  That would be the greatest day of my life being a sox fan. 

You mean someone like Ricketts?

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min