Musgrove to Padres

bmags

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

And one could say it’s better he’s not on Twins or Jays, as this makes the path easier for the Sox

So tired of hearing about how it makes the central that much easier. Wish we had an owner/front office who were fully committed to going all in every year... 

• Like 2

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

Another quantity over quality trade. Imagine have that deep of a top 30 to be able to do three trades this off-season. Padres are the team to beat in all of MLB now. Dodgers/Padres is gonna be a war the next few seasons. I wasn't a huge Musgrove guy so no big deal honestly.

Shows in different approaches. Sox were very targeted in getting more developed guys in INTL, a “quality over quantity” approach though not perfect analogy. Preller bursted with signing every year since 2016 even when under penalty.

Sox will likely have higher hit rate, but Oadres just have tons of guys that are able to be cashed in for existing production.

22 minutes ago, Pal said:

Wild, wild, wild. Revamped their pitching staff without giving up one of their top 5 prospects. Hats off to Preller and that organization.

This. I am super jealous of the Padres. I for sure will be watching a whole bunch of their games with the MLB pass ... Love when teams go for it & they've done so leaving dry powder for even a bigger name/trade. It's wild. They could go out there right now and get a controllable low cost bat if they wanted to give up Morejon and Weathers. And now with those arms (Clev, Lamet, Gore, Paddack, Musgrove, Darvish) they are able to give up some of that depth.. just an amazing movement of chess pieces to acquire this roster. Imagine if they didn't have the Hosmer or Myers contract. 

Just going around the diamond it makes me smile for liking good baseball .... 

Nola, Campusano, Caratini

Hosmer

Kim 

Tatis

Machado

Pham

Grisham

Myers

Reigning ROY Croneworth

Snell, Darvish, Clevinger, Musgrove, Paddack, Gore, Lamet, Morejon, Pomeranz, Weathers...

I mean.... good lord. the baseball geek in me loves this. 

if i was the GM I think I'd package Myers and Morejon or something for a more cost controllable young talent.