Musgrove to Padres

bmags

5 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Grisham is a fantastic young player and Pham and Myers are capable, with Cronenworth now boosting its depth. Is it their strength? No. But it’s far from a weakness.

Ken Rosenthal also reported they're still trying to resign Profar. Given the rest of their roster, the outfield they have is plenty good enough.

20 minutes ago, fathom said:

Not a fan of their outfield to be honest

It depends which Pham you're getting...coming off a number of issues this off-season.  If he's healthy and motivated, he can be a Top 10-15 NL outfielder.

Myers was insane last year, so nowhere to go but back down.

Grisham was perhaps the biggest surprise of the season, along with Cronenworth.   How repeatable are either of their seasons?

The actual key to that offense taking off was those two, along with the addition of Nola at catcher over Hedges.

Hosmer is Hosmer.

Of course, they've also got that top KBO middle infielder as insurance now, but the loss of Profar stings a bit (for now.)

44 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Wow, Padres strike again and burn the hearts of White Sox fans. :(.

Every move they make strikes a weird jealous nerve in me. 

Great for them, and it does seem like Musgrove netted quite a bit of a return here. I'm not mad that the White Sox didn't match it/go for it with the return on Musgrove so far, but yeh it sucks for us. 

Dude, you already said you were flying the coop to go live in the Western Metal Supply Company building.

• Like 1

White Sox need another starter

Trevor bauer would be A+, amazing, super fantastic

But realizing that was a long shot, the few SPs I was looking at where: Musgrove, Kluber as most obtainable, now both are gone. 

Woodruff/Castillo as hardest/impossible to get, and now Castillo is off the market as far as we know and Woodruff was never really on it.

Burnes would have been borderline acceptable due to high price and high risk.

As of now it's looking more and more like we are getting garbage can Quintana or broken Garret Richards. Bogus. 

1 minute ago, iWiN4PreP said:

White Sox need another starter

Trevor bauer would be A+, amazing, super fantastic

But realizing that was a long shot, the few SPs I was looking at where: Musgrove, Kluber as most obtainable, now both are gone. 

Woodruff/Castillo as hardest/impossible to get, and now Castillo is off the market as far as we know and Woodruff was never really on it.

Burnes would have been borderline acceptable due to high price and high risk.

As of now it's looking more and more like we are getting garbage can Quintana or broken Garret Richards. Bogus. 

I'm so used to disappointment as a fan of the Sox that it barely makes me upset anymore. It's expected.

I just wish they wouldn't send signals like they are going to be different and insult our intelligence. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Why hate them when you can hate our ownership instead?

I might become a fan of the Padres. Love what they are doing right now.

My dad is a Dodger fan with a secondary rooting interest in the White Sox, as we call Chicagoland home. 

If the Sox and Dodgers met in the WS, we'd be on opposite sides. 

I am the opposite. I only root for the Dodgers when the Sox are eliminated. 

One of my dad's favorite moments is the Kirk Gibson thing from 88.

I wish Podsednik's walkoff in 05 got the same amount of play from MLB because it was equally as improbable. Hopefully it does with the Sox return to national prominence. 

A big hell no to being a Padres fan. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

9 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

My dad is a Dodger fan with a secondary rooting interest in the White Sox, as we call Chicagoland home. 

If the Sox and Dodgers met in the WS, we'd be on opposite sides. 

I am the opposite. I only root for the Dodgers when the Sox are eliminated. 

One of my dad's favorite moments is the Kirk Gibson thing from 88.

I wish Podsednik's walkoff in 05 got the same amount of play from MLB because it was equally as improbable. Hopefully it does with the Sox return to national prominence. 

A big hell no to being a Padres fan. 

Really? Didn't Gibson have TWO bum knees? He was also facing Eckersley. 

12 minutes ago, smellysox said:

BREAKING:  The Padres just traded with the Bulls for Zach LaVine! Hopefully the Bulls get some promising prospects in return. 

Also included in the trade was the Bull's 2nd round pick in exchange for cash considerations. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I agree with James on this. The Sox need to change their strategy on the type of players they draft. They draft too many college players that are older.

I don't blame the Sox for their draft approach the last 5 years during the rebuild.  They were trying to rebuild for a competitor come 2020-2024.  That's the reason for drafting College players.  Now that the bulk of the ML positions are filled, they can move towards this long term approach.