Mets GM Jared Porter fired

Rey21

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m guessing he means for not firing La Russa despite the fact he was aware of the DUI before hiring him.

Regarding Porter, not sure how he keeps his job after this.  Who want to work with this creep?

And the Cubs organization in 2016 gets even more unlikable

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m guessing he means for not firing La Russa despite the fact he was aware of the DUI before hiring him.

Regarding Porter, not sure how he keeps his job after this.  Who want to work with this creep?

I thought the DUI charges were dropped.

This guy sent 62 unanswered texts and then said to himself, "I know! A dick pic will surely win this person over!"

JFC the amount of weirdos on this planet never ceases to amaze me. 

What's amazing is the Mets might go down as the first team to ever fire their new Manager and GM in back-to-back years before a single game was played each year.

Edited by CWSpalehoseCWS
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1

11 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

This guy sent 62 unanswered texts and then said to himself, "I know! A dick pic will surely win this person over!"

What's amazing is the Mets might go down as the first team to ever fire their new Manager and GM in back-to-back years before a single game was played each year.

I seriously don’t understand it. Who are these people? In what world is it OK to do that, or better yet...in what world has that EVER worked for a guy? “I know what I’ll do...I’ll just keep sending her texts, I know she isn’t responding, but I mean, she has to respond after text 45, right? 50? No? Alright, I’ll keep going..” 

This guy has a great job, would think he’s somewhat smart to be able to move up the ranks like he has.....how can you be this big of an idiot? It’s just shocking how you would throw your career away on being so horny you can’t stop texting someone that clearly isn’t interested. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Oh come on, like you haven't sent a few dick DMs here and there yourself....

I bet former Chicago sports reporter Sierra Santos alone knows what the junk of half of Soxtalk looks like.

He’s going down.  He’s done.  He needs to think about legacy now.  He needs to think about a press conference & memes.  There’s Jim Mora’s “playoffs”, we got Iverson’s “practice”, Dennis Green’s “bears etc.”   

What we don’t have is “I sent her 60 pictures of my penis” or “C’mon, everybody sends dick pics”. 

Whatever the quote, however he wants to do it is fine.  Just go down in flames is all I ask

20 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

lol

He was probably telling her all about his dick but thought she wasn't responding because she didn't believe him.  Maybe he thought that she thought that rumors of a dick like he was describing can't be real, they're like Bigfoot or something, so he sent the proof.

BTW this is a great thread.

15 minutes ago, Tony said:

I seriously don’t understand it. Who are these people? In what world is it OK to do that, or better yet...in what world has that EVER worked for a guy? “I know what I’ll do...I’ll just keep sending her texts, I know she isn’t responding, but I mean, she has to respond after text 45, right? 50? No? Alright, I’ll keep going..” 

This guy has a great job, would think he’s somewhat smart to be able to move up the ranks like he has.....how can you be this big of an idiot? It’s just shocking how you would throw your career away on being so horny you can’t stop texting someone that clearly isn’t interested. 

Greg Norman...?

ESPN reported that Porter, then working for the Cubs, sent the woman — a foreign correspondent who had moved to the U.S. to cover Major League Baseball — 17 pictures. The first 15 photos were of a hotel and restaurants. The 16th was of a bulge in his pants and the 17th was of a bare penis.

Porter acknowledged to ESPN he had texted with the woman, but initially said he had not sent any pictures of himself. Presented with more evidence he denied the explicit pictures were of himself, calling them “joke stock images.”

https://nypost.com/2021/01/18/mets-gm-jared-porter-sent-reporter-unsolicited-penis-photos/

What's more ridiculous is that he thought hotel/travel/restaurant pictures would somehow WOO her.

And that current picture on the front page of the NY Post isn't doing him any favors, either.

And poor Jon Lester, his homecoming story is getting buried.

Edited by caulfield12

ESPN said it contacted Porter on Monday evening and he acknowledged texting with the woman. At first, he said he hadn't sent any pictures of himself, but when informed the exchanges show he sent selfies and other pictures, he said “the more explicit ones are not of me. Those are like, kinda like joke-stock images,” ESPN reported.

After asking whether the outlet intended to run a story, Porter requested more time before later declining additional further comment, ESPN reported.

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/article248596990.html

The text relationship started casually before Porter, then the Chicago Cubs director of professional scouting, began complimenting her appearance, inviting her to meet him in various cities and asking why she was ignoring him. And the texts show she had stopped responding to Porter after he sent a photo of pants featuring a bulge in the groin area. (so let's just double down and up the ante!)

Porter continued texting her anyway, sending dozens of messages despite the lack of a response. On Aug. 11, 2016, a day after asking her to meet him at a hotel in Los Angeles, Porter sent the woman 17 pictures. The first 15 photos were of the hotel and its restaurants. The 16th was the same as an earlier photo of the bulge in the pants. The 17th was of a bare penis.

https://thecount.com/2021/01/18/jared-porter-controversy/

Other accounts are reporting it as "naked/erect."

And at least Anthony Weiner can rest a little bit more easily tonight, there's that.

Edited by caulfield12