Mets GM Jared Porter fired

Rey21

9 hours ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Oh come on, like you haven't sent a few dick DMs here and there yourself....

I bet former Chicago sports reporter Sierra Santos alone knows what the junk of half of Soxtalk looks like.

If you have sent one without it being requested, you are the problem.

7 minutes ago, ThirdGen said:

This guy is a stalker.  And yes, like drunk drivers, stalkers sometimes kill their victims. Women know this. And unlike drunk driving, which is usually somewhere between a misjudgment and a complete lack of responsibility, stalking is a methodic, considered attack against a specific victim. Don't downplay stalking.

Stalking and Sexual Assault. Dick pics are not harmless. It is NO different than whipping it out in person. The expectation is that you are forcing yourself on that individual. Porter is TOAST in this league. 

9 hours ago, YourWhatHurts said:

By the way sending dick pics to reporters is much less offensive than drunken driving.  Even though yall have been brainwashed to think otherwise, dick pic DMs don't kill people.

As much as I would like to take another dump on TLR, this is a BS move meant to distract from someone who doesn't deserve this job and has committed a crime.  If your reaction to this is that "well Tony LaRussa did worse" YOU are part of the problem.  Quit trying to disqualify sexual harassments, and ergo run down those who are victims of it, by trying to minimize it with whataboutisms.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Scary thought that 50% of SoxTalk would DM a local reporter with pictures like that, and actually believe that it would be an effective strategy, and never have any future consequences, lol.

And we wonder why so few women typically post on baseball message boards.

No where near 50% would do that.  There is one guy who is trying to defend this.  Believe it when people tell you who they are.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

As much as I would like to take another dump on TLR, this is a BS move meant to distract from someone who doesn't deserve this job and has committed a crime.  If your reaction to this is that "well Tony LaRussa did worse" YOU are part of the problem.  Quit trying to disqualify sexual harassments, and ergo run down those who are victims of it, by trying to minimize it with whataboutisms.

You are exactly right.  

Howard Stern's dic pic theory is spot on.  No woman ever wants an unsolicited dick pic.....EVER!

57 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hard to understand comparing the two. How about both of those actions are completely unacceptable, without being measured against each other, and should've led to the firing of both of them. The only parallel to measure is that one organization did hold the employee accountable and the other didn't. There is no reason to defend or minimize either action.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, shakes said:

Hard to understand comparing the two. How about both of those actions are completely unacceptable, without being measured against each other, and should've led to the firing of both of them. The only parallel to measure is that one organization did hold the employee accountable and the other didn't. There is no reason to defend or minimize either action.

I guess the Astros Mets and Carmines more or less took a stand with personnel issues.

2 minutes ago, runtheballdown said:

A doc picture is both stupid, sick and abusive. No woman want to see that crap unless they are sick.

in the other hand receiving a picture from a potential new gf showing off parts of her great body are always appreciated. 

Knowing the differences in these two situations is pretty key, I would say.

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, runtheballdown said:

A doc picture is both stupid, sick and abusive. No woman want to see that crap unless they are sick.

in the other hand receiving a picture from a potential new gf showing off parts of her great body are always appreciated. 

A person in a work environment would likely be uncomfortable receiving either, particularly if it would affect their career.

5 minutes ago, runtheballdown said:

Again, if this is a cute attempt to draw some sort of false equivalency between consent and non-consent, this is a failure.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

I would say the saddest part about this was the woman didn't want the story out because she thought this sicko sending her a dick pick being made public would ruin HER career, and she was probably correct.

Exactly.  And she spoke out because she wanted to prevent more of this crap in the future.

2 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

Stalking and Sexual Assault. Dick pics are not harmless. It is NO different than whipping it out in person. The expectation is that you are forcing yourself on that individual. Porter is TOAST in this league. 

I agree. The Internet isn't a legal vacuum. People believe they can harass, threaten or sexually harass people just because it is the internet but you wouldn't just whip your dick out on a street and you also wouldn't tell a person to kill himself face to face. 

So why do people think in the internet this is covered by "freedom of speech"?

I know it is relatively common today among young people who meet on tinder to send dick picks and vag picks but it is something else to send them later in a process of starting a casual sex relationship when it is clear that both sides are interested in such a relationship than sending them unsolicited after a few messages or sometimes even as a first message.

About five years ago I started dating an old girlfriend from high school. After a couple months of seeing her a lot she sent me some naked pictures of her from the waist up and they are the most spectacular pictures I have in my possession. We are still seeing each other today and will marry someday. Full disclosure is that she has a spectacular body.

On the other  hand guys have weird bodies and and a picture of someone’s dic is tantamount to looking at a car crash. I don’t understand why guys would ever do this but women that want to send their boyfriends/husbands a photo is the ultimate in flirting.

and the guys that do this should be immediately prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Porter just got the hammer today

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Again, if this is a cute attempt to draw some sort of false equivalency between consent and non-consent, this is a failure.

I’m really not sure what cute means here as I spelled it out pretty clearly. Obviously if the person sending the picture is a gf there is most likely already consent there. In a situation that happened with me receiving pictures was awesome as the girl that sent them I had a relationship with. Nothing work related 

3 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

You have to be mentally ill to send unsolicited dick pics.  

A woman I *used to* work with once sent me unsolicited bathroom mirror selfies. Wife saw them sitting on my alerts... thought I was cheating on her. Try explaining that shit away. Took two weeks to get the coworker to explain herself.

Edited by Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm

Hold on . . .

Dude did this while working for the Cubs in 2016.

Then from 2017-19 he works for Arizona, which (maybe or maybe not coincidentally) is where TLR was working.

Then suddenly shortly after 2020 when he's hired by the Mets does this story finally poke its head out, causing him to get fired.

I haz questionz.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Hold on . . .

Dude did this while working for the Cubs in 2016.

Then from 2017-19 he works for Arizona, which (maybe or maybe not coincidentally) is where TLR was working.

Then suddenly shortly after 2020 when he's hired by the Mets does this story finally poke its head out, causing him to get fired.

I haz questionz.

And Passan is connected to both.  Is it possible that Porter is actually "Mr. SugarPenis".  Seems like the type of guy who would name himself that.  And he was in the right place at the right time to have the TLR info.