Jose Quintana...Signs with Angels (1YR 8M)

5 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

The camp disappointed the Sox aren't in on Bauer is the delusional portion of our fanbase. 

If you haven't figured out the White Sox (shitty) business model by now then you haven't been paying attention.

Anyone who knows my posts knows that's not me. I'm realistic. 

I'm merely sad because of what could be but won't. 

14 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

An Edwin Jackson type so to speak. I just don't see it. 

2018 gives me glimmer of hope.  If not SP, maybe give him a shot at long R.  But if he's traded, I'd get over it quickly.

Added: if he's traded and does well then no fault to RH.  ReyLo got chance after chance.

Edited by Rounding_Third

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

From the guy who complained about the swear filters not working...

No you don't get it...I'm complaining about the inconsistency. If it was up to me I wouldn't give two shits about people saying fuck. 

I know it's broken, so my argument is to turn it completely off. 

The warning was for people browsing at work. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Lopez's stuff isn't very good. They did correct some of his fastball which now has more rising movement than running, which was part of his command problem. But that's a lot of his issues, every thing moves laterally rather than getting good rise or sink, and hitters don't have as much issue with that, especially when they can't locate it.

It's partly why getting a curve back will help. Like even if Katz finds a curveball with him, he needs one much better than this.

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 12.06.33 PM.png

His stuff looks like Quintana except Q is an artist with command and pitching feel.

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 12.08.19 PM.png

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

No you don't get it...I'm complaining about the inconsistency. If it was up to me I wouldn't give two shits about people saying fuck. 

I think we can agree this is one forum that really doesn't need a swear filter.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Oh I get it.  You are just going to keep poking at it until someone does something about it.  Don't treat me like I am stupid.

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

Lopez's stuff isn't very good. They did correct some of his fastball which now has more rising movement than running, which was part of his command problem. But that's a lot of his issues, every thing moves laterally rather than getting good rise or sink, and hitters don't have as much issue with that, especially when they can't locate it.

It's partly why getting a curve back will help. Like even if Katz finds a curveball with him, he needs one much better than this.

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 12.06.33 PM.png

His stuff looks like Quintana except Q is an artist with command and pitching feel.

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 12.08.19 PM.png

Is it just my perception or isn't notorious for getting ahead early in the count then picking at and missing the edges until 6-7 pitches later 2-2 & 3-2 counts?   If so, this seems like it could be easily corrected by STOP DOING THAT!

1 hour ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

I would think this puts more legs on a Burnes trade. It seems like dominos are falling. It could be a scenario where Sox were Q's preferred destination, but Sox pivoted to Burnes instead and a deal is near, so he went for the Angels. 

This has to be it. By all accounts, Quintana enjoyed being a White Sox and at this point would probably have loved to stay in Chicago. He might have been waiting for a final word from the Sox. And they might have just told him no because of something else about to happen....

8 minutes ago, South Sider said:

This has to be it. By all accounts, Quintana enjoyed being a White Sox and at this point would probably have loved to stay in Chicago. He might have been waiting for a final word from the Sox. And they might have just told him no because of something else about to happen....

I really hope you are on to something

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Jose Quintana...Signs with Angels (1YR 8M)