the old Corbin Burnes thread, we have a new Burnes thread

bmags

10 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Searched Corbin Burnes on Twitter and found this:

I have no idea who this is but now we have two guys with no credibility claiming it! Yay! 

So another team competing for the division is going to trust Zack Collins with 1/3 of the starts at catcher?  Hmmm....

Adding Narvaez would just add to the payroll, and we already gave up on him, although that actually wouldn't be the worst swap in the world, despite how bad Omar was offensively last year.

This makes little to no sense for the Brewers.

Basically, they're waving the White Flag.  They already have Urias, why do they need Madrigal as well?   Might as well just go ahead and trade Yelich (can't do that, value down), Hiura, Devin Williams, Woodruff, Cain (value down) and Hader (see Yelich).

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sox80 said:

Actually that sounds a lot better 🙂

If you have $20-25 million extra to spend on payroll, sure...all things considered, they're better off waiting to see the progress of Vaughn/Cease/Crochet/Kopech and making a deal for additional help at the deadline.  They also have a lot less to worry about with the Indians rebuilding, once again.

And who knows, maybe Lopez can figure things out with a new pitching coach and reset to his approach.

Edited by caulfield12

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

So another team competing for the division is going to trust Zack Collins with 1/3 of the starts at catcher?  Hmmm....

Adding Narvaez would just add to the payroll, and we already gave up on him, although that actually wouldn't be the worst swap in the world, despite how bad Omar was offensively last year.

Basically, they're waving the White Flag.  They already have Urias, why do they need Madrigal as well?   Might as well just go ahead and trade Yelich (can't do that, value down), Hiura, Devin Williams, Woodruff, Cain (value down) and Hader (see Yelich).

They already have Narvaez.  Obviously they don't care about C defense.  Collins is an improvement for them. 

Urias has been total shit in MLB.  But hey I guess running him out there is a win now move too?

They can trade Yelich any time they want to.  If the Brewers want the Sox to put guys like Vaughn on the table, they know who to add to the discussions.

I'm sure they would prefer to dump off Cain and Avi's deals if they could and go looking for values like JBJ and Mazara on the open market.  But they can't.

19 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Searched Corbin Burnes on Twitter and found this:

I have no idea who this is but now we have two guys with no credibility claiming it! Yay! (Followed by Bilek and has Harold Baines as a picture so I think it’s Harolds Leg Lift’s Twitter lol)

I feel like @Y2Jimmy0 knows who that is. James, does Dayton have any credibility?

22 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Unless we can get Burnes for a Madrigal based package, just sign Richards and keep the ammo for the deadline IMO.

Agreed or just keep them for the second part of the window. Just because JR is unwilling to pay money and both he and TLR have no incentive to care about the long term doesn't mean we deserve to have our window slashed in half.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Uh, what?  They didn't give up on Narvaez.  They traded him for a very useful piece.  There is a difference.

And you keep saying Urias is the same a Madrigal.  Despite the fact that Urias has never hit more than .239 in a season.  That's right, a full 101, the good Wild Turkey, below where Nick hit in his rookie season.  In fewer ABs last season, Nick had more hits.  Urias also struck out nearly 5 times as often.  He also doesn't hit for power.  He is like Madrigal, if you take away Madrigal's best skill.  Please stop with this comparison.  It is bogus.    Only Nellie Fox comps, please.  

15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Yes!  Welcome back!  10 names not too shabby brother!

• Haha 1

Just now, MiddleCoastBias said:

Please no Narvaez in any deal. Please, please no. He's so bad at receiving/framing low pitches. I swear he cost Rodon countless low strikes. Everything is a stab that he drags out of the zone. 

We could always dump him off elsewhere.  If that deal is on the table, I bet we've already done it.

3 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

We could always dump him off elsewhere.  If that deal is on the table, I bet we've already done it.

Yeah....Kelley hurts and so does Heuer but it seems Heuer was gone in one deal or another as they wanted to sell high. 

Madrigal going is certainly far more palatable than Vaughn/Kopech/Crochet and probably was a prerequisite to La Stella signing on the dotted line. 

Narvaez is meh....I actually would prefer giving Zack Collins a chance to back up Grandal and get 40 games in but TLR prolly wants a vet.

17 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

They already have Narvaez.  Obviously they don't care about C defense.  Collins is an improvement for them. 

Urias has been total shit in MLB.  But hey I guess running him out there is a win now move too?

They can trade Yelich any time they want to.  If the Brewers want the Sox to put guys like Vaughn on the table, they know who to add to the discussions.

I'm sure they would prefer to dump off Cain and Avi's deals if they could and go looking for values like JBJ and Mazara on the open market.  But they can't.

But Narvaez's defensive stats improved appreciably when he first went over to Seattle. 

Urias hasn't hit yet, but is a former Top 25-30 MiLB prospect, they're not suddenly going to trade one of their best assets (Burnes) for another player with a seemingly limited ceiling. 

Swapping out Avi and Cain for JBJ and Mazara simply treads water...perhaps they can shave $5-10 off payroll, but the Brewers aren't going to do that because they're not in desperate financial straits. 

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

The tweet is also over 24 hours old with only one person interacting with it in that time. Sounds like something put out right after the Reddit rumor surfaced.

More of nothing.

Yes most definitely 

35 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

As much I’d like to believe there is an ounce of truth to that deal, there is no way in hell that dude is legit...lol

Why would you want to believe there is an ounce of truth in getting screwed like this?

3 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

I have a hard time believing there’s reachable middle ground on what the brewers want and what the Sox are willing to part with. It’s fun to deliberate in the boring times of the off-season, but let’s get a (realistic) starter and a backup catcher.

And you can get that without giving up anyone.  

6 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

The tweet is also over 24 hours old with only one person interacting with it in that time. Sounds like something put out right after the Reddit rumor surfaced.

More of nothing.

Like I said earlier, I think James might know who that Dayton guy is. I have no idea if Dayton is credible, but I don’t believe he just made that up after reading the Reddit stuff. 

51 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think you guys are going to be real upset when this Burnes stuff turns out to BS and we end up with my man Richards!

If I have the choice between backing up the truck for Burnes or cash for Richards, I am #TeamGarrett.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If I have the choice between backing up the truck for Burnes or cash for Richards, I am #TeamGarrett.

That's where I'm at right now.  If they are going to give up significant assets. I want someone with a more proven track record.  I'd rather stay the course and keep adding to the system and just spend money.  

• Quin locked this topic