the old Corbin Burnes thread, we have a new Burnes thread

bmags

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

So then how much do you project him to be able to do, and how do you fill what he is unable to give you, especially when you are probably dealing the guys who could fill those innings.

Projections for any SP this year is near impossible, but I understand the trepidation with a guy like Burnes. The industry has him projected for 155 IP. I think that's about right. https://www.rotochamp.com/baseball/Player.aspx?MLBAMID=669203

I mean, this guy is young, battled through some injuries and playing time issues and turned a corner last year. Got to assume he's ready to take off. 

2 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

I think Burnes could be had for Madrigal/Kelley as the centerpieces 

I kind of agree. I don't think the Brewers are looking for Madrigal though (They have Hiura as long term 2b). 

I think there's a way to acquire Burnes with a package that would make White Sox Fans happy, but hell if I know. 

I still have no idea why the Brewers would pursue this tho... the rumors make no sense to me.. but if their legit, I'm down!

5 minutes ago, Orlando said:

There is someone on the White Sox Reddit board saying that it’s a done deal Burnes to the Sox but he has 0 credibility and I bet he’s jumping the gun based on Al’s retweet 

Interesting. Would be super cool!!

I’ll post the Reddit thread. The dude says will be announced in 24-48 hours. Doesn’t know the package. Would do a ban bet and he’s super confident that’s why he didn’t use a burner lol like Reddit accounts aren’t anonymous already. But it’s still interesting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/whitesox/comments/l0vjb6/corbin_burnes_to_white_sox_heard_it_here_first/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Springfield Soxfan said:

I know you have to give up value to get value, but I do not want them to give up Kelley.   He's going to be a beast, give up quantity over quality like the Padres................

I will pack Kelley's bags and take him to the airplane myself if I can get Burnes without giving up Kopech/Vaughn/Madrigal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Springfield Soxfan said:

I know you have to give up value to get value, but I do not want them to give up Kelley.   He's going to be a beast, give up quantity over quality like the Padres................

The issue is the Padres gave up quality as well I’ve seen it a few times but the Padres top 10 in their system could be most teams top 3 

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

This makes me very nervous because major assets would have to be going the other way and im worried about Kelley. 

And look the White could give Kelley up and he be a stud but the Sox are competing right now Burnes would be a better fit now and for the next 2 years 

I don't get it.   Some people had a meltdown  for trading a single prospect for a legit 2 x Cy Young candidate in Lynn.  But we're OK to unload the Farm for a guy with less than 150 career innings in 3 ML seasons?  

WTF is going on here folks?   STOP TRADING AWAY THE LITTLE BIT OF FARM TALENT LEFT.    FREE AGENCY.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Burnes becomes a FA in 2025. Getting him on this team to go with Giolito/Lynn/Keuchel would be so cool. 

I've made a lot of shitposts on the site this week because I was angry seeing the Padres get ace after ace after ace and hearing about us going after garbage inning eaters as a "W". Get me Burnes and I call this offseason a massive success. 

5 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I’ll post the Reddit thread. The dude says will be announced in 24-48 hours. Doesn’t know the package. Would do a ban bet and he’s super confident that’s why he didn’t use a burner lol like Reddit accounts aren’t anonymous already. But it’s still interesting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/whitesox/comments/l0vjb6/corbin_burnes_to_white_sox_heard_it_here_first/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Orlando wins the thread

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rey21 said:

And look the White could give Kelley up and he be a stud but the Sox are competing right now Burnes would be a better fit now and for the next 2 years 

Harold is saying it will take even more than Madrigal and Kelley. That already is alot. If he's suggesting Kopech or Vaughn too that would be horrific. 

1 minute ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Burnes becomes a FA in 2025. Getting him on this team to go with Giolito/Lynn/Keuchel would be so cool. 

I've made a lot of shitposts on the site this week because I was angry seeing the Padres get ace after ace after ace and hearing about us going after garbage inning eaters as a "W". Get me Burnes and I call this offseason a massive success. 

So with 150 career innings in 3 seasons, Burnes is all of a sudden an "ACE"? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Orlando said:

He sounds like a man of his word. I believe him. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

Kelley is a nice kid but he is a HS RHP who is likely 4 years away even without a TJS

Yup, wholeheartedly agree.

I will also say my knowledge of Burnes is one six minute youtube clip. He looks Extremely Good.

• Quin locked this topic