the old Corbin Burnes thread, we have a new Burnes thread

bmags

I think a Burnes package realistically costs something like Madrigal + Kelly + Bailey or Stiever + Dalquist + Thompson + Sanchez.

In a perfect world the Sox could get him for Madrigal + Dalquist + Thompson + Sanchez.  

But if there's any truth to it I think Stiever is definitely in it.  He's a MIL type, also from the area.

And if I'm MIL I want Stiever + Kelly + Dalquist + Bailey from the Sox, and want nothing to do with Madrigal.  But I wouldn't make that deal if I was the Sox.  Maybe Stiever + Kelly + Dalquist + Sanchez, and that would be a serious haul; that's still 3-4 MLBers IMO.

2 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

I think a Burnes package realistically costs something like Madrigal + Kelly + Bailey or Stiever + Dalquist + Thompson + Sanchez.

In a perfect world the Sox could get him for Madrigal + Dalquist + Thompson + Sanchez.  

But if there's any truth to it I think Stiever is definitely in it.  He's a MIL type, also from the area.

And if I'm MIL I want Stiever + Kelly + Dalquist + Bailey from the Sox, and want nothing to do with Madrigal.  But I wouldn't make that deal if I was the Sox.  Maybe Stiever + Kelly + Dalquist + Sanchez, and that would be a serious haul; that's still 3-4 MLBers IMO.

I think you (and the reddit poster who made a similar request) are right here.

Stiever +Bailey + a bit more like you said. 

I think Madrigal stays.

I find it hard to believer they would trade Kelley after convincing him to sign with us, but I have no problem with trading him. 

1 minute ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I think Madrigal stays.

I find it hard to believer they would trade Kelley after convincing him to sign with us, but I have no problem with trading him. 

Stiever and Bailey and a bit more doesn’t even get you Musgrove 

3 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I think Madrigal stays.

That’s not coming close to getting Burnes

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Seriously. If sox get burnes (they aren't) its either Kopech or Vaughn going. Otherwise Hahn proves he is still the master and preller is just a padawan.

Edited by EloyJenkins

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Well, we aren't trading Kopech/Vaughn/Madrigal in this deal (if we were willing to trade one of them, we'd be going after a SP with less risk).

So Stevier + Bailey + Kelley + other like Dalquist or something. 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Stiever and Bailey and a bit more doesn’t even get you Musgrove 

Fathom, for those of us who have never heard of Garrett Richards or Burnes. Clearly a difference between money and a trade but from a standpoint of what they’ve already accomplished vs future potential is 1 of those 2 better than the other? 

3 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Well, we aren't trading Kopech/Vaughn/Madrigal in this deal (if we were willing to trade one of them, we'd be going after a SP with less risk).

So Stevier + Bailey + Kelley + other like Dalquist or something. 

I'm not convinced you get Burnes without Kopech or Vaughn, but I'm far more convinced if we were shopping Kopech or Vaughn the target would be better than Burnes.

Edited by mac9001
  • Like 1

• Quin locked this topic