the old Corbin Burnes thread, we have a new Burnes thread

bmags

I wonder if the Sox would consider taking on Lorenzo Cain's awful contract to minimize the return for Burnes. Put Cain in LF with Eloy at DH until Vaughn comes up, then put Eloy back in LF and platoon Eaton and Cain in RF. Extremely expensive platoon, but if it means we don't have to give up a blue chip prospect, it might be worth it. That's really their only bad contract that we can absorb.

• Like 2

Just now, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I wonder if the Sox would consider taking on Lorenzo Cain's awful contract to minimize the return for Burnes. Put Cain in LF with Eloy at DH until Vaughn comes up, then put Eloy back in LF and platoon Eaton and Cain in RF. Extremely expensive platoon, but if it means we don't have to give up a blue chip prospect, it might be worth it. That's really their only bad contract that we can absorb.

Highly doubt it. 

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

good idea but i think i can help the brewers out more by taking C. Yellich's big contract off their hands. That seems like a good idea for the Brewers, I'd be willing to take on Yelliches extreme contract. 😓

no in all seriousness -- Cain might be a smart idea on your end. 

3 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

That would be smart, but JR isn't going to allow something like that. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Showtime said:

Fathom, for those of us who have never heard of Garrett Richards or Burnes. Clearly a difference between money and a trade but from a standpoint of what they’ve already accomplished vs future potential is 1 of those 2 better than the other? 

Burnes is the future superstar IMO. 

5 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

This stays within budget.  Still need a backup catcher but all other boxes checked.  If somehow taking Cain saves a guy or two....I still think it takes Kopech and another arm, but we keep Madrigal, Kelley, Crotchet, and Vaughn.  That is one killer 1-4.  

1 minute ago, fathom said:

My dream is still alive of Vaughn and Stiever for Burnes and then the Sox sign Cruz (who Hector tweeted the Sox should sign)

The rumor is Madrigal, Heuer and another guy. I'd imagine the other guy is Kelley/Thompson/Dalquist. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Josh Nelson from SoxMachine on Twitter. 

Lol, unless the “prospect” Andrew Vaughn, I do that deal alllll day. Which means it’s not happening. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And that’s a totally fair perspective, but the Brewers aren’t going to give him away for cheap after the season he just had.

Hos season was short this year. He pitched well but the body of work just isn’t there yet. I know the Brewers wouldn't accept a lesser deal, but I would be looking elsewhere if I'm trading either of our top guys. In fact, I would rather just pay for Pax and then see if Cease can be worked out than trading Madrigal, Vaughn or Kopech. 

• Quin locked this topic