the old Corbin Burnes thread, we have a new Burnes thread

bmags

1 minute ago, GREEDY said:

I don't even see where the anonymous reddit guy said it was for Madrigal & Heuer?

I think I vaguely remember way back in the offseason either Portillos or Beef saying the Sox were shopping around Madrigal and Heuer.

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Maybe we need to include a third team to send Madrigal too so they can send MIL something they want since they don't need 2B. 

I really don't want to give up Kopech or Vaughn. 

From C*shek's reaction something could very well be going down. 

Hiura can rake but is an absolute butcher at 2B. They might end up moving Hiura to 1B/DH if they acquire Madrigal. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

I'd do Madrigal + Kelly + Heuer for sure.  I'm not so sure why MIL would want that.  Of course mainly that's because I don't love Madrigal and maybe they do.

Also I want to point out that MIL always wants to get an athletic defensive-first SS with a quality hit tool with little power potential in any deal.  That's similar to what Segura was before he developed, it's Alcides Escobar, it's their current starting SS, etc.  I think Yolbert Sanchez makes a lot of historical sense as a 4th piece.

2 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

I'd do Madrigal + Kelly + Heuer for sure.  I'm not so sure why MIL would want that.  Of course mainly that's because I don't love Madrigal and maybe they do.

Also I want to point out that MIL always wants to get an athletic defensive-first SS with a quality hit tool with little power potential in any deal.  That's similar to what Segura was before he developed, it's Alcides Escobar, it's their current starting SS, etc.  I think Yolbert Sanchez makes a lot of historical sense as a 4th piece.

I think if they take that deal their scouts are in love with Kelley and think that Madrigal is a special contact hitter.  

Edited by Jack Parkman

I was fine with Kenny flipping his draft picks back in the day, as most never panned out. With the current crop of prospects, I would prefer to keep players like Kopech, Vaughn and Crochet. Burnes is controllable for a few years and had a great short season last year against weak competition. He had a 3.1 HR/game rate the previous season. He is not worth the likely required prospect haul, IMO. The Sox need to hang on to as many quality low cost players as possible to have a legitimate shot at winning a World Series with a mid-level payroll.

• Like 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I think if they take that deal their scouts are in love with Kelley. 

Yes, and Madrigal also.

Personally I would rather trade Madrigal than Kelly or Stiever, and if Madrigal were on another team, I'd trade him straight up for Dalquist + Thompson.  

But hey if there is another team that think Madrigal is a centerpiece, I say let's do that deal.

• Like 1

Guys - I've been banging the Burnes drum for months. Unfortunately I can't envision any scenario whereby Brewers trade him. That said, if he stays healthy (big if), he can put together a Shane Bieber like season. He is that fucking good. He's better than Giolito. What would it take for the Sox to consider trading Giolito? The answer to taht is where the package starts for Burnes.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Flash said:

Guys - I've been banging the Burnes drum for months. Unfortunately I can't envision any scenario whereby Brewers trade him. That said, if he stays healthy (big if), he can put together a Shane Bieber like season. He is that fucking good. He's better than Giolito. What would it take for the Sox to consider trading Giolito? The answer to taht is where the package starts for Burnes.

This is a ridiculous take

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Orlando said:

Does anyone find it odd that Hahn does not mention trades but the tweet specifically references “a trade that can upgrade his pitching”? This came out today btw.

I heard that earlier today, long before all the Burnes talk, and had the same reaction as you

• Fire 1

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

I heard that earlier today, long before all the Burnes talk, and had the same reaction as you

Most likely coincidence but it’s rather odd. If there is a trade to upgrade pitching “I’ll make it” seems like foreshadowing

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

How would that benefit MIL?

I'm confused.

Theoretically he’s a major league ready starter to replace Burnes.  I wouldn’t be shocked if there were teams dying to get their hands on Lopez based on how badly Cooper butchered, but he’d definitely a secondary piece to any trade.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Burnes for Madrigal + Heuer + Lopez + Kelley

Who says no?  If you say the Brewers, what if you replace Lopez with Stiever?

The latter is exactly the proposal I posted from somebody else’s tweet earlier. James said he thinks Milwaukee says no it. It’s a pretty good proposal, though. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Orlando Arcia...

6 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Does anyone find it odd that Hahn does not mention trades but the tweet specifically references “a trade that can upgrade his pitching”? This came out today btw.

This is a quote from the Hendriks press conf/zoom call fyi...

• Quin locked this topic