the old Corbin Burnes thread, we have a new Burnes thread

bmags

I think a lot of us may undervalue Madrigal, Hiura is not defensively talented at 2B and Madrigal is lauded for his defensive ability (yes, I watched the games). Brewers are never going to be a big market club and may be interested in securing what they view as a long term 2b and leadoff man, a long-term closer (Heuer: this opens them up to trading Hader) and SP prospect depth (probably talking Kelley, Thompson, Stiever). This is how those mid-market teams survive.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

If the Burnes stuff is fake, I'm also ok with Archer if his velocity is ok. He had TJS though, right? If it was shoulder related I'd stay away, as shoulder issues are always worse than elbow issues. 

All the foodies have said Richards is an option. Not sure why people don’t take it more seriously.

What if the Brewers can swing Hader for a young starter like Paddack and then turn around and trade Burnes for Madrigal, Heuer, Stiever, & Kelley?  Yes, they’re likely worse in 2021, but ultimately they get immediate replacements for both Hader & Burnes plus a cheap starting 2B (allowing Hiura to be moved to 1B/DH) and two pretty good pitching prospects.  For a mid market club in a bit of flux there is some logic to it.

34 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That would be absolutely terrible.

Like I said I view Crochet as a great arm no doubt about that. But it's his future I have doubts about. If you look at it from the perspective that he has a much better chance of being a reliever than a starter it all of a sudden becomes not terrible. You could also think of him as a much higher risk of arm surgery to shoulder or elbow considering how hard he throws even if it looks effortless . If I put everything together,  decent risk of arm surgery, still at least until 2023 whens he's capable of giving you 150+ innings as a starter and that's if everything goes right in 21 and 22 , then I think I am being objective when looking at Crochet and not just salivating over his arm.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Like I said I view Crochet as a great arm no doubt about that. But it's his future I have doubts about. If you look at it from the perspective that he has a much better chance of being a reliever than a starter it all of a sudden becomes not terrible. You could also think of him as a much higher risk of arm surgery to shoulder or elbow considering how hard he throws even if it looks effortless . If I put everything together,  decent risk of arm surgery, still at least until 2023 whens he's capable of giving you 150+ innings as a starter and that's if everything goes right in 21 and 22 , then I think I am being objective when looking at Crochet and not just salivating over his arm.

Yet, we are going to pencil in Burnes for whole seasons?

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If the Burnes stuff is fake, I'm also ok with Archer if his velocity is ok. He had TJS though, right? If it was shoulder related I'd stay away, as shoulder issues are always worse than elbow issues. 

Hell no to Archer. He was diagnosed with thoracic outlet sydrome.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You do realize that Richards was completely healthy last year right?  Maybe finally getting TJS cured his problems?

He made it through 2 months. To bet he is going to make it through a full season for the first time in six years is ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He made it through 2 months. To bet he is going to make it through a full season for the first time in six years is ridiculous. 

I’m not betting on him making through a full season (I’ll take 100 quality innings), but it appears you’re assuming he would have broken down last year had the season gone on for even one more month which is ridiculous.

• Quin locked this topic