the old Corbin Burnes thread, we have a new Burnes thread

bmags

Just now, turnin' two said:

Obviously I'm not him, but he has stated several times that the Sox aren't trading Kopech, Vaughn or Crochet.

There was the suggestion (not by Jimmy but rather I think maybe Harold) that Kelley and Madrigal was not going to be enough and so there would be other headliners so I am really concerned about that.

I get La Stella isn't gonna come if Madrigal is still there, but I'd say I wish they took Q at 1/8 because even Kelley is probably going to be a painful loss down the road. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

There was the suggestion (not by Jimmy but rather I think maybe Harold) that Kelley and Madrigal was not going to be enough and so there would be other headliners so I am really concerned about that.

I get La Stella isn't gonna come if Madrigal is still there, but I'd say I wish they took Q at 1/8 because even Kelley is probably going to be a painful loss down the road. 

Even Cubs level Quintana would have been pretty darn good as a 4 starter.  

so we are at 24 pages 24 hours after a random dude on reddit confidently claimed burnes to chicago and we have nothing substantial to burn the fires other than the fact that the White Sox are watching SPs go off the board and foodies making cryptic tweets to sound like they were on top of things too

im a bit bummed so far. 

Edited by iWiN4PreP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

I guess I will say this: if the Sox make a stupid deal that bites them in the ass hard for next several years, because once again they fail to properly evaluate their own in-house talent, then I would rather they make that deal with the Brewers than any other team in baseball.  If they trade one or several of my favorite Sox prospects, it will be much more fun at least half-rooting for them in Milwaukee instead of purely lamenting their losses and hating the Sox FO more and more every time they do something really good.

Hadn’t thought of this angle.  Well said.  There isn’t a better destination.  I forgot how great it was knowing that CLee was OPSing like 1.200 or whatever against the cubs. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

so we are at 24 pages 24 hours after a random dude on reddit confidently claimed burnes to chicago and we have nothing substantial to burn the fires other than the fact that the White Sox are watching SPs go off the board and foodies making cryptic tweets to sound like they were on top of things too

im a bit bummed so far. 

Take out the foodies if you don’t believe in them but James Fox (whom we all trust) has confirmed that Burnes is a target and he has heard it from his sources. I think that’s enough to say this is a real possibility. The question is, is it really done? Not even the foodies have claimed that. Only the Reddit guy has.

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Take out the foodies if you don’t believe in them but James Fox (whom we all trust) has confirmed that Burnes is a target and he has heard it from his sources. I think that’s enough to say this is a real possibility. The question is, is it really done? Not even the foodies have claimed that. Only the Reddit guy has.

Has the Reddit guy posted anything new?

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Has the Reddit guy posted anything new?

yes, https://www.reddit.com/user/itbayly/comments/

"

Patients young one. Both those tweets were tweeted significantly after my original post."

then links to al cheesy and other foodie account tweets regarding Burnes.

One of the tweets since has been deleted

this was within 2 hours ago

Edited by iWiN4PreP

33 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Jimmy, whats the damage? Whats the compensation going to MIL?

Is Vaughn/Kopech involved? 

I’m not sure anything is even happening. That Brewers has broken stories in the past before and I thought his tweet was interesting. I doubt Kopech or Vaughn are going anywhere regardless. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

yes, https://www.reddit.com/user/itbayly/comments/

"

Patients young one. Both those tweets were tweeted significantly after my original post."

then links to al cheesy and other foodie account tweets regarding Burnes.

One of the tweets since has been deleted

this was within 2 hours ago

Somebody who can't spell patience correctly might want to consider retaining their food services-related position.

Also, referring to someone online as "young one" doesn't inspire much confidence, either.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think you guys are going to be real upset when this Burnes stuff turns out to BS and we end up with my man Richards!

I would be fine with not trading away to many prospects.  Richards a lefthand bat and I'm good honestly. 

• Like 2

Searched Corbin Burnes on Twitter and found this:

I have no idea who this is but now we have two guys with no credibility claiming it! Yay! (Followed by Bilek and has Harold Baines as a picture so I think it’s Harolds Leg Lift’s Twitter lol)

Edited by Orlando

• Quin locked this topic