the old Corbin Burnes thread, we have a new Burnes thread

bmags

1 minute ago, Sox80 said:

That's where I'm at right now.  If they are going to give up significant assets. I want someone with a more proven track record.  I'd rather stay the course and keep adding to the system and just spend money.  

I think every single person on this board feels that way, but we all define “significant assets” differently. 

15 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Like I said earlier, I think James might know who that Dayton guy is. I have no idea if Dayton is credible, but I don’t believe he just made that up after reading the Reddit stuff. 

It’s not made up. Talks are real. I’ve heard similar packages discussed by people who have had info before. With that being said, I don’t think that’s enough for Milwaukee. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Is Madrigal, Heuer, and Kelley considered “backing up the truck”?

The Brewers don't have a pressing need for any of those players in 2021.

None of them are going to be in the top five asks, which would be Vaughn, Kopech, Cease, Crochet and Lopez. 

1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

I think every single person on this board feels that way, but we all define “significant assets” differently. 

Like Jimmy has said.  He believes it will take more than that Proposed deal. In my opinion.  The risk way outweighs the reward in that situation.  I understand both sides of the argument. I would rather pass.

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

I'm having trouble understanding the thought process here.

If you were willing to trade the farm, why the hell didn't we go get Snell? 

They aren’t willing to trade the farm. Madrigal, Heuer and Kelley doesn’t bring back Snell. 

2 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

I would too, but it's hilarious that JR won't spend 8-10 million on Richards.  I can pretty much guarantee that.  Reinsdorf is an awful owner.  

Let's wait and see.   If that was the case why spend 13 million on a closer. Just my two sense. 

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Vaughn is not in the deal.

Yeah I just saw the latest note from one of the foodies.

From what I can tell, it seems they broke down and finally said OK to including Kelley thinking MIL would say OK but now MIL is trying to push for one of the big three as well and the FO is drawing the line there and saying no, so there's a standoff.  

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Yeah I just saw the latest note from one of the foodies.

From what I can tell, it seems they broke down and finally said OK to including Kelley thinking MIL would say OK but now MIL is trying to push for one of the big three as well and the FO is drawing the line there and saying no, so there's a standoff.  

If I were the Sox I would back off and try to re-engage with the Rockies for Marquez. 

Edited by maloney.adam

• Quin locked this topic