the old Corbin Burnes thread, we have a new Burnes thread

bmags

28 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What if the Brewers can swing Hader for a young starter like Paddack and then turn around and trade Burnes for Madrigal, Heuer, Stiever, & Kelley?  Yes, they’re likely worse in 2021, but ultimately they get immediate replacements for both Hader & Burnes plus a cheap starting 2B (allowing Hiura to be moved to 1B/DH) and two pretty good pitching prospects.  For a mid market club in a bit of flux there is some logic to it.

Zero incentive for the Padres to sell low on Paddack... and they already have Pomeranz and Strahm.  And Hader i almost as high risk now as Crochet with how his stuff started to fall off from overuse. 

Edited by caulfield12

15 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He made it through 2 months. To bet he is going to make it through a full season for the first time in six years is ridiculous. 

He had surgery mid 2018, came back at end of 2019 and pitched the full season of 60 games last year. Normally, TJS guys are back close to 100%  the second full season, and his velocity certainly ticked back up, but command was inconsistent. Plus, it's such a White Sox move. 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

Their has to concern that he short arms the ball and has control issues. 

Fulmer had the same issues. Now Burnes strikes everybody out which is great but the walks are an issue. I don't even know if they are fixable with that delivery.

4 minutes ago, CeaseAndExist said:

I do Kopech + Cease + Madrigal for Burnes easy. Throw in either Rutherford or Kelley too if need be

No fucking way.....Burnes stuff is really good but he doesn't have the track record for that kind of package. Consistency matters, which is why I think this will be less expensive than most think. 

I think the Madrigal, Lopez, Kelley, Heuer package is probably closer to accurate.

There's a lot of control left, but he had what, 9 successful starts in a 60 game season in 2020 and that's all? This is someone that you're supposed to be buying at a fair cost, hoping for continued success  not paying a premium in trade for. 

Burnes should be slightly more expensive than Musgrove. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 2

• Quin locked this topic