the old Corbin Burnes thread, we have a new Burnes thread

bmags

I highly doubt this is happening. That Reddit thread isn't convincing in the slightest. Madrigal also doesn't make much sense for the Brewers despite Hiura being a bad fielder. If this actual did happen, I wonder if they would get creative like the Musgrove trade and bring in a 3rd team that maybe wanted Madrigal for themselves?

1 minute ago, bmags said:

As we can see by the curve spin Giolito is a worse pitcher

No man I’m not saying Burnes is gonna be some superstar ace but he was really good last year against the same competition Giolito faced, of course I’d rather have Giolito but Burnes as a number 4 would be make this rotation pretty strong and again I doubt Vaughn or Crochett would be in the deal. 

18 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

So with 150 career innings in 3 seasons, Burnes is all of a sudden an "ACE"? 

Ace is a loose term with no definition, but I can say that Burnes would immediately come in and be a capable SP2 with as much upside as anyone in the game (i.e. potential AL Cy Young candidate). Of course there is more risk associated with no track record with a guy like Burnes over players like Bauer/Darvish caliber, but Burnes is on the same level there. 

IF...the Sox feel like 2020 Burnes is the real Burnes...I’d be totally fine with Kopech and Kelly. I’m down on Kopech more than most just because I feel like there is a ton of risk involved with him at this point...but if Burnes is 2020 Burnes the Sox are an incredibly dangerous, and he’s part of the core for 3-4 years. 

3 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Ace is a loose term with no definition, but I can say that Burnes would immediately come in and be a capable SP2 with as much upside as anyone in the game (i.e. potential AL Cy Young candidate). Of course there is more risk associated with no track record with a guy like Burnes over players like Bauer/Darvish caliber, but Burnes is on the same level there. 

I agree with you. So why in the world would Milwaukee want to trade him?

Just now, fathom said:

I don’t buy the Reddit rumor at all. If source was correct on Lynn and Hendriks, why didn’t the guy break those also?

Yup the fact they mentioned those two transactions yet broke neither kills the charade

4 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The guy who posted the reddit rumor isn't on a throwaway. He constantly posts about elevators and rarely about the Sox. 

I’d love to see it but the pessimist in me says it ain’t happening. I guess what gives me hope is the fact that @Harold's Leg Lifthasn’t shot it down, @Y2Jimmy0mentioned him as a target and Al’s has said they are interested. 

Edited by Orlando

11 minutes ago, Tony said:

IF...the Sox feel like 2020 Burnes is the real Burnes...I’d be totally fine with Kopech and Kelly. I’m down on Kopech more than most just because I feel like there is a ton of risk involved with him at this point...but if Burnes is 2020 Burnes the Sox are an incredibly dangerous, and he’s part of the core for 3-4 years. 

I'd love the idea of managing to nab him without giving up Kopech (I am likely Madrigal's #1 supporter here but in this case I'd drive him to the airport, provided we could nab Wong or LaStella in his place). With Lynn gone after this year, we have Kopech/Cease/Crochet all waiting in the wings to prove themselves (with Katz on board). If either, let alone multiple of those guys reach their potential we could be in REALLY good shape with Burnes also aboard. And if only the Sox had the balls to go all out...

Bauer, Gio, Lynn(Kopech/Cease/Crochet in 2022), Keuchel, Burnes.

With a rotation like that we could all have a commemorative Soxtalk circle jerk.

Edited by RagahRagah

• Quin locked this topic