Michael Brantley to the ASTROS 2 years 32 mill per Nightengale

Sleepy Harold

5 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Crazy if you think the springer deal was fine

25 million a year for 6 years? Guy will be awful in three years

So he's just going to fall off a cliff at 34?  Could happen but I don't know that and neither do you.  The contract puts him right around 25th or so in the league for total value which is pretty close to in line with where his value has been as a player for the last 6 years.  People have had it set in their mind that some of these big names were going to get a lot less than they're worth because most teams don't want to spend money but the Springer deal is far from a bad one.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

So he's just going to fall off a cliff at 34?  Could happen but I don't know that and neither do you.  The contract puts him right around 25th or so in the league for total value which is pretty close to in line with where his value has been as a player for the last 6 years.  People have had it set in their mind that some of these big names were going to get a lot less than they're worth because most teams don't want to spend money but the Springer deal is far from a bad one.

He's basing his belief off of what usually happens in MLB The Show. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I hear you, but brantly is going to be slow and old and not a fielder so they effectively are locking their dh up for a team who has a number of dh options

Brantley is and will be far superior in LF than Eloy. Sox have the same DH overload issue. 

This is a good signing.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

He's been a little bit of an injury risk the last few seasons, nothing major or nagging but off and on to the IL, so that's one thing. But then again, moving him to RF is an option, moving him to DH to get additional value in the last couple seasons is also an option.

And apparently, if you get him playoff at bats, he turns into Reggie Jackson, so...

I'd rather have Springer at that contract than Eaton at his contract, with the other moves the White Sox made.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bmags said:

As? I'd put Twins over them. As have a lot of production to reproduce. 

You can probably say 5a and 5b for Oakland and Minnesota. Oakland seems to be always in it despite me always wondering how they do it. I could be wrong but they're always competitive