Anderson on the cover of RBI baseball 21

southsider2k5

10 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

That's dope.  I've never played RBI Baseball but now I want it....

Anyone know the differences or thoughts between The Show and RBI Baseball?  I have a playstation.

I've never played RBI baseball but I think it's more designed toward arcade mode style baseball.  The Show tries to capture baseball realistically (and does a great job), while RBI is more of a "fun" version of a baseball video game.

2 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

I've never played RBI baseball but I think it's more designed toward arcade mode style baseball.  The Show tries to capture baseball realistically (and does a great job), while RBI is more of a "fun" version of a baseball video game.

sounds like I'll stick to The Show! This was kinda my understanding too that RBI was more "kiddish"

13 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

The Show is great for an authentic experience but frankly there are so many issues with the series that after this many iterations are just frustrating and inexcusable.

50 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

That's dope.  I've never played RBI Baseball but now I want it....

Anyone know the differences or thoughts between The Show and RBI Baseball?  I have a playstation.

RBI baseball is trash. 1998 Nintendo baseball game trash. Players are generic and even as an arcade style game it is not fun. The best you are gonna get for commentary is strike one, strike two, strike out. It has been cheap and was 15 bucks I think. Not even worth it at that cost. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

I play RBI Baseball on my iPad.  It's the best mobile baseball game, IMO.  Fairly realistic as far as stats, but overall it's probably harder to hit and easier to pitch.  So, you end up with a lot of low scoring games.  The 2020 version is worlds better than previous versions.  Much improved gameplay, different pitching and hitting views (vs. always from behind the plate), and finally allowing you to pick specific pitches instead up just fast or slow.  Rosters are continuously updated, and you can add free agents and make trades.

It's worth the $6.99 for the app.  I play it every day, so I get plenty of use out of it.

It's really cool that TA will be on the cover.  Much deserved.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Markbilliards said:

I've been hearing rumors that The Show is coming to Xbox this year. This was pre-pandemic, so I don't know if the plans to expand platforms slowed down if the studio ran into issues during 2020.

It is. That is why RBI baseball 20 looks like a real baseball game now lol. Funny how that worked.